PowerVR RTX Is Real!!!. Holy Shit!!! Zach Morris Delivers!!!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dan Kuso
Banned

PowerVR RTX Is Real!!!. Holy Shit!!! Zach Morris Delivers!!!

Post by Dan Kuso »

After two and a half long years of insider investigative journalism, Mr. Zachary Morris and his various online portals have finally received official vindication -

http://s3gal3aks.wordpress.com/2011/09/ ... wervr-rtx/

Stu, where are you now kid? You should have known better than to go up against a 36 year veteran of the industry. You spent the last few years discrediting Mr. Morris and now that he's finally been proven to be legit, you can't show your face in public anymore. Neither you nor your buddy Dr. Salbutamon.

Let the countdown begin. Sega's grand return is upon us.

Thank you Mr. Morris, Thank you Mr. Holzhauer, Thank you Mr. Haneda, Thank you for everything that you have done for us.

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Re: PowerVR RTX Is Real!!!. Holy Shit!!! Zach Morris Deliver

Post by SegaNews »

Still no proof its being used in the Sega console or arcade board! :(
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mr. Dan Kuso. I'm going to give you the benifit of the doubt. Even though this latest SegaLeaks blog is NOT run by the REAL Zachary Morris, I have to hand it to you the Imagation Tech flyer and ad is real and therefore this link is considered credible. In fact, I'll upload the link from IM's site later.

However, I ask that you please not post any links from this blog that contain unrealible info and made up information. I will report it as spam if you do.

But for now, I'll let it slide. The link stays.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

I'm not sold on this at all...nice try tho...

CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

As much as I want another Sega console, I cannot see it succeeding. They haven't had a hit since Genesis and there is no retail space for another player. Unless a new console is a joint project with Apple like Pippin was (Apple/Bandai) and the hardware can be sold at Apple stores to jump start sales, me thinks it will fail due to diminished fan base, no killer app, no space on retail shelves, lack of consumer confidence. It would take MS to exit the market or Wi-U to fail bigtime for Sega to even have a 3 percent chance of surviving. It also needs to be sold for $199 at launch to even have a snowball's chance in hell to sell respectably.

voldo83
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO - Dregen.

Post by voldo83 »

Where does it say SEGA?

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

CruSega wrote:As much as I want another Sega console, I cannot see it succeeding. They haven't had a hit since Genesis and there is no retail space for another player. Unless a new console is a joint project with Apple like Pippin was (Apple/Bandai) and the hardware can be sold at Apple stores to jump start sales, me thinks it will fail due to diminished fan base, no killer app, no space on retail shelves, lack of consumer confidence. It would take MS to exit the market or Wi-U to fail bigtime for Sega to even have a 3 percent chance of surviving. It also needs to be sold for $199 at launch to even have a snowball's chance in hell to sell respectably.
The Wii-U is going to be a TREMENDOUS flop. Its going to be overpriced at $450-500, The controller is going to suffer from bulky design and faulty manufacturing, the launch titles are once again going to be the same novelty casual gaming B.S. with a few lousy hardcore releases that will otherwise just be ports from PS3, the graphics are going to be underpowered once again Radeon 4000 is going to look like shit compared to Unreal 3 which will be rolled out soon, with Mircosoft unveiling Project "BULLDOZER", the fact that Sony won't be releasing a PS4 anytime soon and with TGS showing a huge absence of Wii U support which indicated the system will fail just like the Atari 5200.

Anyway, while I don't receive this article as actually leading to something, I see your post sounding uninformative like your still living in 1999 or something. Inflation has gone up, there's no way in hell anyone can sell a console for $200. As for SEGA's chances getting back into the console business, check out some other topics, I'll also leave you with this factual report SEGA DID file a new hardware trademark for a game tablet earlier this year called "KIDS PAD".

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Hey SegaNews, I clicked on the 4gamer.net link to the PowerVR RTX article that's embedded in using google translate, and its having problems highlighting the text, could you copy and past the translated article please? I'm on mobile right now.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Identity of the high-end GPU RTU "CausticTwo"

Never mind, I got it.

Processor developed with the CausticOne Caustic Graphics. RTU is not named on the GPU
First, let me explain the background to the development of the GPU began Imagination.
Imagination is 2.01 thousand in December, Caustic Graphics acquired the company called.
Caustic Graphics is the development and acceleration of ray tracing renderer based on ray tracing "RTU" (Ray Tracing Unit) in venture companies had done in hardware design, in fact, in the year 2010 "CausticOne" first generation of If you are a card or announcement with RTU. At present, Caustic Graphics, in collaboration with Imagination, RTU and second-generation "Caustictwo" (code name), but developing. CausticOne the first generation, the FPGA with two 100MHz clock operation, and PCI Express x1 card for the test board was really, in CausticTwo, type and number of lane PCI Express connection is unclear what general expansion card, expected to be those carrying the high-speed full-custom ASIC. In other words, what this high-speed ASIC is mounted on CausticTwo, "high-end GPU's Imagination" which means the identity of. CausticTwo is not equipped with display output, "Ray Tracing Acceleration" as used in conjunction with your existing graphics card. That's why it does not conflict with the current Radeon or GeForce. "Using graphics cards," say, physics simulation engine AGEIA Technologies announced that former "PhysX" and will suffer and the image on the accelerator. As you know, AGEIA Technologies was acquired by NVIDIA, which is incorporated into NVIDIA's GPGPU solutions PhysX. The role of the GPU-based acceleration CUDA Core (≒ GeForce) are superseded, but see the end of the line, but they, too, RTU, recognition of the Imagination "within the expected range." Quite manly.

Include the potential of next-generation PowerVR raytracing

Earlier, CausticTwo that someone has talked to a desktop or workstation PC, Imagination is the product, not for consumer, plans to release a commercial. Then, the resulting technology we (and others) have laid a roadmap strategy to be fed back to the PowerVR. Unfortunately, during this interview, Imagination is the architecture of the RTU is telling nothing but the Kurenakatta, should consist of an array that is probably the vector arithmetic unit. In fact, should have a design similar to GPU. Imagination is, in development of future products "PowerVR RTX" in plans to ray tracing features. However, from a high possibility that the design is very similar to the GPU RTU, "Adding the RTU to the PowerVR" rather than, "The shader unit is prepared for rendering 3D graphics, RTU include the potential as a "likely will come in the form of the integration.

"Caustic-based" PowerVR RTX and that ray tracing features. ASIC for those that do CausitcTwo, CausticTwo expected to incorporate technology-based

By the way, if General GPU and place of origin pixel rendering "rasterization-based rendering" (Rasterize Based Rendering) that is employed in the ray tracing Ray (Ray) to be a starting point, because of such The "who is driving the calculator" and GPU is quite different. Rather complicated path conditional per-rays, because they are different processing times for each light in turn, even if to be processed in parallel to each ray, and who will be driving the shader units, the structural design of each data path is , it becomes necessary to review and design optimization accordingly. "Do not run to waste with the potential for PowerVR and raytracing main focus for embedded devices?" Who may have thought. In fact, I think that question will have a point, Imagination and it is not considered waste. Potential to perform relatively complex logic in parallel, such as ray tracing, use GPGPU, that is, do it because even the data parallel computing applications. Originally a PowerVR GPU for embedded devices, as well as 3D graphics rendering, signal processing, the GPU core will also be able to reuse the data parallel computing applications, such as the recognition process is a dream come true. In fact, the movement of the world, or even actively adapt to OpenCL使Ubeku movement in the data parallel GPU computing for embedded devices.

Imagination was published by Booth SIGGRAPH 2011, running on the demonstration of OpenCL PowerVR (left). When you run the CPU core (right) shows the frame rate nearly three times higher compared to

So good success as well as accelerated ray tracing. But No, use GPGPU - OpenCL application system because PowerVR - leading to wasted if improvements in performance.
And Imagination project with Tag Caustic Graphics is "in the fall if there is no loss" is not being promoted under the reading that.

Programmable open standard API for ray tracing "OpenRL"

However, the "hardware acceleration of ray tracing," I said in the ecosystem, even if only hard Imagination (ecosystem. In this "industry-wide profit structure means") do not grow. 3D graphics rasterization is also based, DirectX (Direct3D) or OpenGL what there is a standard, practical applications ranging from games, they will not stand a broad software ecosystem.
GPGPU CUDA solution is unique even NVIDIA, said the success of what today meantime, it is not a journey was never easy. Everything (facing parallel computing), the genre of software, "Involving CUDA" like, he won the de facto standard at the end of a huge investment.

OpenRL is a project to build an ecosystem of ray tracing

OpenRL state of Imagination demonstration had been demonstrated at SIGGRAPH 2011 booth
Also Imagination "the importance of building eco-system" has a good understanding, designing a programmable ray tracing architecture in collaboration with Caustic Graphics, which "OpenRL" compiled in the form of the API is called. OpenRL way, the RL, "Ray Tracing Library" it stands for.
OpenRL currently is in the stage version of β, the official version "OpenRL 1.0 SDK" as released in the fourth quarter of 2011 that are expected to be. "Open" xx "" In that, Khronos Group has been developing standards such as OpenGL (or less, Khronos) may have a stake in such images are, at this stage only, and the Imagination by Caustic Graphics positioned as your own project. However, It was confirmed to Khronos, and I was to have begun talks with two companies. OpenCL and the Apple, Sony's "COLLADA" like, but begins with the original idea of one company, incorporated in the cases under the jurisdiction of Khronos API open standards are few. Moreover, a large Councilor Imagination clout (Board of Promoters) because as a member of Khronos, a compelling proprietary unless you're not likely to reject the OpenRL Khronos. Near future, could be adopted as high graphics API .

Member companies Khronos. There is just a gray background, but members say a large Councilor
Slide show under the jurisdiction of Khronos API open standards

In addition, the article has been published Imagintaion is "OpenRL is made ​​possible acceleration be used in the GPU and NVIDIA AMD" but stated that, I tried to interview to NVIDIA about this, come back Other answers, "Honesty movement under the surface do not know.'s say as a public relations official, in our ray tracing engine (developed in-house)" OptiX "just a position to recommend that" those that de- other. NVIDIA just that we've been putting it in a while even when the response to the advent of OpenCL, Khronos is under the jurisdiction Once OpenRL, from which it should respond quickly.
The AMD has not been confirmed, said, "War GPGPU proprietary solution" from lost to NVIDIA's, so that turning in a position to strongly support the open standard API under the jurisdiction of Khronos, to develop standards OpenRL I think that you're not actively working. Now, as introduced above, OpenRL version is almost complete as 1.0β. Of course, the title may change under the jurisdiction of the Khronos移Re version if, despite For now, enough to release the fourth quarter of 2011 but has not been done. And, Caustic Graphics is the SIGGRAPH 2011, OpenRL 1.0β rendering engine based on this (= renderer) has also announced. It's called "Brazil 3.0". Development staff is a subsidiary of SplutterFish's Caustic Graphics. SplutterFish, the Autodesk "Maya" "3ds Max", and McNeel's "Rhinoceros" (below, Rhino) Ray-tracing tool for industry-standard plug-ins such as "Brazil R / S" which has been providing software studio .

Acceleration OpenRL は CPU, GPU, possible in any of RTU. Of course, if the driver is provided OpenRL, the story of
Brazil 3.0 is, "Brazil R / S 2.0" by means of as equivalent to the version of refinement have to rewrite the OpenRL 1.0 based, which is available all the unique resources have been used by Brazil R / S 2.0. Maya and 3ds Max Furthermore, it provides a plug-in will be compatible with Rhino.
Brazil 3.0 itself, incidentally, "based on ray tracing-based renderers generic OpenRL (SDK thereof)" as its called. Mac OS X and Windows, and Linux OS and widely supported, it is not limited to the hardware that the target behavior. In short, if the system is implemented in the acceleration mechanism to OpenRL, CPU made ​​by Intel, CPU manufactured by AMD, GPU made ​​by NVIDIA, GPU made ​​by AMD, in each of the RTU and the resulting acceleration of the form spec見当Tta but it is not.

Brazil 3.0 Official Video IntroductionBrazil 3.0 SDK from Caustic Graphics on Vimeo .

Optix and configured similar OpenRL

OpenRL technical demonstration
OpenRL is a programmable low-level API for ray tracing, which is offered only low-level functionality needed to build a ray tracing-based renderers.
In other words, the concept itself does not change significantly, such as OpenGL. More precisely speaking, the material representation of a particular expression and lighting - lighting and subsurface scattering, for example big picture - like the API for things like reproduction is not available. So, they are making full use of OpenRL developers themselves, he must construct a representation of a method for achieving that goal. Brazil 3.0 was built using the OpenRL SplutterFish, "renderer that provides a variety of expression," it comes.

Video Tech Demo Official OpenRLHeterogeneous Computing Openrl Example from Caustic Graphics on Vimeo .

Caustic Graphics is fine specification OpenRL OpenRL introduction I want to see, in essence we've just described. OpenRL rendering core, which is composed of three programmable shaders.

OpenRL architecture block diagram
The first vertex shader (Vertex Shader) with, in the image is fair to believe that with the same type of vertex shaders in the GPU in general. Geometry (vertex unit information =) take charge, and shall per-vertex transformations and displacements of the 3D model. Shader second frame (Frame Shader), which is responsible for the light to fly a programmable shader. . For example, if there is a frame of 1920 × 1080 pixels now trying to render, from this perspective view (viewport) is defined, and it's main role is to fly along the expanse of the view ray from each pixel. If the ray collides with the 3D object is skipped, is called Ray shader described below. Alternatively, it can also skip to the programmable from where the new rays collide. So, Ray shader third now comes from its name (Ray Shader). It is located on the 3D model surface flown rays (= polygon) is called when the conflict is programmable shaders and other primitives. For example, suppose that the rays at the site conflicts with 3D character. If the surface is polished metal colliding, it does not fly processing to generate a new ray beam in the direction of mirror reflection for the incident have been. Meanwhile, the pseudo-simple (arithmetic) If writing a good, light eyes and a suitable representative, the appropriate Adequate lighting calculations using the parameters of the normal three. Yes, Ray shader, that's quite similar to the pixel shader on the GPU shaders in general.

Frame Shader Overview
Ray Shader Overview

Both shader 3, the texture can be referred, in particular Ray shaders and shader frame allows free access to the frame buffer. Incidentally, shading language for OpenGL "GLSL" (OpenGL Shading Language) which directly follow the grammar "RLSL" (OpenRL Shading Language) has been adopted.

Block diagram of OptiX
... And, here, people familiar to this area, it should realize that a similar OptiX OpenRL.
The block diagram shown to the right but the OptiX, "Traversal" frame shader, "Ray Shading" is nearly identical to the role of Ray shader.
OpenRL OptiX is despite competing technologies, if there is a will correspond to OpenRL, correspondence from OptiX, is technically very difficult to imagine could not.

What's OpenRL 3D graphics opens up a new world

That cover all of the ray-tracing graphics of the game, aside from the distant future, at least in the near future to quite a stretch. However, screen space ambient occlusion coordinate post-processing screen (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, SSAO), and local real reflection of Crytek further development of it (Realtime Local Reflections, RLR), normal mapping and evolution of Parallax occlusion mapping is (Parallax Occlusion Mapping), such as ray tracing method to obtain information on local light shading to skip, as it were, the Technology practice in the pixel shader ray tracing to be implemented or have already of course.
In addition, real-time global illumination global illumination is (Global Illumination, GI) also ray tracing techniques and inextricable.
Continuing further, drew attention in 2009, Photon mapping image space (Image Space Photon Mapping) is performed by the usual 3D graphics pipeline to render the main, when sources to represent the influence of a local secondary of applying a ray tracing roughly, was a hybrid rendering technique.
The reprinted below is an example of photon mapping rendering image space, is a movie when it GPGPU acceleration.

Lighting only direct light. Lighting done in real-time rendering of 3D graphics pipeline is only this current standard
Without considering the global illumination, and thus will be added to a constant ambient light uniformly. In a sense, this is the familiar "3D game graphics normal" and said

Where ray-tracing and photon mapping with the effect of indirect light GPGPU
This happens when you calculate the indirect illumination with photon mapping the precise
As you can see the results and writing be synthesized only indirect light and direct illumination calculated results. It's also OK advantage of the characters and the source is moving

GPU acceleration of image space photon mapping

In addition to direct light, focusing on the fact that appeared on accurately the effects of indirect light, even white light can cause indirect light red if 当Tere wall with a red light, it is understood that the reddish wax. If the light source moves, the character can move, every frame, so do ray tracing to the effects of secondary reflections topical representation can be realized in real-time global illumination compelling
Thus, even rendering method of rasterization-based has been practiced in General GPU,'s happening in the spontaneous movement to try to blend techniques ray tracing in order to gain expressive power as the next step it.
Within this trend, the industry standard has begun efforts accelerated ray tracing is not never too early. Also, as mentioned in the paper a little, ray tracing acceleration, can be applied to data parallel computing of how it works, even impossible to perform physics simulation capabilities of the RTU will not say. If the implementation of ray tracing acceleration mechanism, it does not use a valid method見出Seru. After the appearance DirectX 11, in the world of 3D graphics hardware has little sense of stagnation, OpenRL, and trends in ray tracing acceleration might be a big shot in the arm.

Imagination was published in the booth of SIGGRAPH 2011, particle-based fluid simulation demonstrations. Accelerated ray tracing mechanism that was implemented in the work is also OpenRL physical simulation

Imagination Tachnologies Official Web Site

http://www.4gamer.net/games/017/G001762/20110920023/

The Caustic Graphics flyer/poster:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/017/G001762 ... TN/004.jpg
Last edited by MrSega on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Imagination is the PowerVR "high-end GPU" started to design. Hybrid rendering hardware, API, and new "OpenRL" What is it?Writer: Shinji Nishikawa good

Speaking of the GPU, will be the first to associate the NVIDIA GeForce series and AMD's Radeon series readers 4Gamer, some manufacturers have recently seen a remarkable leap the first time.
It is, "PowerVR" Britain has a Imagination Technologies (below, Imagination) it. I think many readers will know, GPU has been used in the iPhone and iPad PowerVR core. Graphics capabilities that are integrated part of the Atom processor manufactured by Intel "GMA500" "GMA600" I also PowerVR core. In addition, PlayStation Vita, the GPU is equipped with an integrated PowerVR core.

SIGGRAPH 2011 Booth Imagination
Imagination is such "major projects underway," I got the information that is held in August 2011 "SIGGRAPH 2011" during the session, and conducted interviews in the company. Really is and what a big project. And beyond the conclusions they stated, bluntly, "high-end development plan GPU" it. But this high-end GPU, the initial planning phase, at least, will not conflict with the current Radeon or GeForce, etc., is going to be a product of unusual. Was "high-end GPU's Imagination" about, I would like to explain step by step.

Identity of the high-end GPU RTU "CausticTwo"

Processor developed with the CausticOne Caustic Graphics. RTU is not named on the GPU
First, let me explain the background to the development of the GPU began Imagination.
Imagination is 2.01 thousand in December, Caustic Graphics acquired the company called.
Caustic Graphics is the development and acceleration of ray tracing renderer based on ray tracing "RTU" (Ray Tracing Unit) in venture companies had done in hardware design, in fact, in the year 2010 "CausticOne" first generation of If you are a card or announcement with RTU. At present, Caustic Graphics, in collaboration with Imagination, RTU and second-generation "Caustictwo" (code name), but developing. CausticOne the first generation, the FPGA with two 100MHz clock operation, and PCI Express x1 card for the test board was really, in CausticTwo, type and number of lane PCI Express connection is unclear what general expansion card, expected to be those carrying the high-speed full-custom ASIC. In other words, what this high-speed ASIC is mounted on CausticTwo, "high-end GPU's Imagination" which means the identity of. CausticTwo is not equipped with display output, "Ray Tracing Acceleration" as used in conjunction with your existing graphics card. That's why it does not conflict with the current Radeon or GeForce. "Using graphics cards," say, physics simulation engine AGEIA Technologies announced that former "PhysX" and will suffer and the image on the accelerator. As you know, AGEIA Technologies was acquired by NVIDIA, which is incorporated into NVIDIA's GPGPU solutions PhysX. The role of the GPU-based acceleration CUDA Core (≒ GeForce) are superseded, but see the end of the line, but they, too, RTU, recognition of the Imagination "within the expected range." Quite manly.

Include the potential of next-generation PowerVR raytracing

Earlier, CausticTwo that someone has talked to a desktop or workstation PC, Imagination is the product, not for consumer, plans to release a commercial. Then, the resulting technology we (and others) have laid a roadmap strategy to be fed back to the PowerVR. Unfortunately, during this interview, Imagination is the architecture of the RTU is telling nothing but the Kurenakatta, should consist of an array that is probably the vector arithmetic unit. In fact, should have a design similar to GPU. Imagination is, in development of future products "PowerVR RTX" in plans to ray tracing features. However, from a high possibility that the design is very similar to the GPU RTU, "Adding the RTU to the PowerVR" rather than, "The shader unit is prepared for rendering 3D graphics, RTU include the potential as a "likely will come in the form of the integration.

"Caustic-based" PowerVR RTX and that ray tracing features. ASIC for those that do CausitcTwo, CausticTwo expected to incorporate technology-based

By the way, if General GPU and place of origin pixel rendering "rasterization-based rendering" (Rasterize Based Rendering) that is employed in the ray tracing Ray (Ray) to be a starting point, because of such The "who is driving the calculator" and GPU is quite different. Rather complicated path conditional per-rays, because they are different processing times for each light in turn, even if to be processed in parallel to each ray, and who will be driving the shader units, the structural design of each data path is , it becomes necessary to review and design optimization accordingly. "Do not run to waste with the potential for PowerVR and raytracing main focus for embedded devices?" Who may have thought. In fact, I think that question will have a point, Imagination and it is not considered waste. Potential to perform relatively complex logic in parallel, such as ray tracing, use GPGPU, that is, do it because even the data parallel computing applications. Originally a PowerVR GPU for embedded devices, as well as 3D graphics rendering, signal processing, the GPU core will also be able to reuse the data parallel computing applications, such as the recognition process is a dream come true. In fact, the movement of the world, or even actively adapt to OpenCL使Ubeku movement in the data parallel GPU computing for embedded devices.

Imagination was published by Booth SIGGRAPH 2011, running on the demonstration of OpenCL PowerVR (left). When you run the CPU core (right) shows the frame rate nearly three times higher compared to

So good success as well as accelerated ray tracing. But No, use GPGPU - OpenCL application system because PowerVR - leading to wasted if improvements in performance.
And Imagination project with Tag Caustic Graphics is "in the fall if there is no loss" is not being promoted under the reading that.

Programmable open standard API for ray tracing "OpenRL"

However, the "hardware acceleration of ray tracing," I said in the ecosystem, even if only hard Imagination (ecosystem. In this "industry-wide profit structure means") do not grow. 3D graphics rasterization is also based, DirectX (Direct3D) or OpenGL what there is a standard, practical applications ranging from games, they will not stand a broad software ecosystem.
GPGPU CUDA solution is unique even NVIDIA, said the success of what today meantime, it is not a journey was never easy. Everything (facing parallel computing), the genre of software, "Involving CUDA" like, he won the de facto standard at the end of a huge investment.

OpenRL is a project to build an ecosystem of ray tracing

OpenRL state of Imagination demonstration had been demonstrated at SIGGRAPH 2011 booth
Also Imagination "the importance of building eco-system" has a good understanding, designing a programmable ray tracing architecture in collaboration with Caustic Graphics, which "OpenRL" compiled in the form of the API is called. OpenRL way, the RL, "Ray Tracing Library" it stands for.
OpenRL currently is in the stage version of β, the official version "OpenRL 1.0 SDK" as released in the fourth quarter of 2011 that are expected to be. "Open" xx "" In that, Khronos Group has been developing standards such as OpenGL (or less, Khronos) may have a stake in such images are, at this stage only, and the Imagination by Caustic Graphics positioned as your own project. However, It was confirmed to Khronos, and I was to have begun talks with two companies. OpenCL and the Apple, Sony's "COLLADA" like, but begins with the original idea of one company, incorporated in the cases under the jurisdiction of Khronos API open standards are few. Moreover, a large Councilor Imagination clout (Board of Promoters) because as a member of Khronos, a compelling proprietary unless you're not likely to reject the OpenRL Khronos. Near future, could be adopted as high graphics API .

Member companies Khronos. There is just a gray background, but members say a large Councilor
Slide show under the jurisdiction of Khronos API open standards

In addition, the article has been published Imagintaion is "OpenRL is made ​​possible acceleration be used in the GPU and NVIDIA AMD" but stated that, I tried to interview to NVIDIA about this, come back Other answers, "Honesty movement under the surface do not know.'s say as a public relations official, in our ray tracing engine (developed in-house)" OptiX "just a position to recommend that" those that de- other. NVIDIA just that we've been putting it in a while even when the response to the advent of OpenCL, Khronos is under the jurisdiction Once OpenRL, from which it should respond quickly.
The AMD has not been confirmed, said, "War GPGPU proprietary solution" from lost to NVIDIA's, so that turning in a position to strongly support the open standard API under the jurisdiction of Khronos, to develop standards OpenRL I think that you're not actively working. Now, as introduced above, OpenRL version is almost complete as 1.0β. Of course, the title may change under the jurisdiction of the Khronos移Re version if, despite For now, enough to release the fourth quarter of 2011 but has not been done. And, Caustic Graphics is the SIGGRAPH 2011, OpenRL 1.0β rendering engine based on this (= renderer) has also announced. It's called "Brazil 3.0". Development staff is a subsidiary of SplutterFish's Caustic Graphics. SplutterFish, the Autodesk "Maya" "3ds Max", and McNeel's "Rhinoceros" (below, Rhino) Ray-tracing tool for industry-standard plug-ins such as "Brazil R / S" which has been providing software studio .

Acceleration OpenRL は CPU, GPU, possible in any of RTU. Of course, if the driver is provided OpenRL, the story of
Brazil 3.0 is, "Brazil R / S 2.0" by means of as equivalent to the version of refinement have to rewrite the OpenRL 1.0 based, which is available all the unique resources have been used by Brazil R / S 2.0. Maya and 3ds Max Furthermore, it provides a plug-in will be compatible with Rhino.
Brazil 3.0 itself, incidentally, "based on ray tracing-based renderers generic OpenRL (SDK thereof)" as its called. Mac OS X and Windows, and Linux OS and widely supported, it is not limited to the hardware that the target behavior. In short, if the system is implemented in the acceleration mechanism to OpenRL, CPU made ​​by Intel, CPU manufactured by AMD, GPU made ​​by NVIDIA, GPU made ​​by AMD, in each of the RTU and the resulting acceleration of the form spec見当Tta but it is not.

Brazil 3.0 Official Video IntroductionBrazil 3.0 SDK from Caustic Graphics on Vimeo .

Optix and configured similar OpenRL

OpenRL technical demonstration
OpenRL is a programmable low-level API for ray tracing, which is offered only low-level functionality needed to build a ray tracing-based renderers.
In other words, the concept itself does not change significantly, such as OpenGL. More precisely speaking, the material representation of a particular expression and lighting - lighting and subsurface scattering, for example big picture - like the API for things like reproduction is not available. So, they are making full use of OpenRL developers themselves, he must construct a representation of a method for achieving that goal. Brazil 3.0 was built using the OpenRL SplutterFish, "renderer that provides a variety of expression," it comes.

Video Tech Demo Official OpenRLHeterogeneous Computing Openrl Example from Caustic Graphics on Vimeo .

Caustic Graphics is fine specification OpenRL OpenRL introduction I want to see, in essence we've just described. OpenRL rendering core, which is composed of three programmable shaders.

OpenRL architecture block diagram
The first vertex shader (Vertex Shader) with, in the image is fair to believe that with the same type of vertex shaders in the GPU in general. Geometry (vertex unit information =) take charge, and shall per-vertex transformations and displacements of the 3D model. Shader second frame (Frame Shader), which is responsible for the light to fly a programmable shader. . For example, if there is a frame of 1920 × 1080 pixels now trying to render, from this perspective view (viewport) is defined, and it's main role is to fly along the expanse of the view ray from each pixel. If the ray collides with the 3D object is skipped, is called Ray shader described below. Alternatively, it can also skip to the programmable from where the new rays collide. So, Ray shader third now comes from its name (Ray Shader). It is located on the 3D model surface flown rays (= polygon) is called when the conflict is programmable shaders and other primitives. For example, suppose that the rays at the site conflicts with 3D character. If the surface is polished metal colliding, it does not fly processing to generate a new ray beam in the direction of mirror reflection for the incident have been. Meanwhile, the pseudo-simple (arithmetic) If writing a good, light eyes and a suitable representative, the appropriate Adequate lighting calculations using the parameters of the normal three. Yes, Ray shader, that's quite similar to the pixel shader on the GPU shaders in general.

Frame Shader Overview
Ray Shader Overview

Both shader 3, the texture can be referred, in particular Ray shaders and shader frame allows free access to the frame buffer. Incidentally, shading language for OpenGL "GLSL" (OpenGL Shading Language) which directly follow the grammar "RLSL" (OpenRL Shading Language) has been adopted.

Block diagram of OptiX
... And, here, people familiar to this area, it should realize that a similar OptiX OpenRL.
The block diagram shown to the right but the OptiX, "Traversal" frame shader, "Ray Shading" is nearly identical to the role of Ray shader.
OpenRL OptiX is despite competing technologies, if there is a will correspond to OpenRL, correspondence from OptiX, is technically very difficult to imagine could not.

What's OpenRL 3D graphics opens up a new world

That cover all of the ray-tracing graphics of the game, aside from the distant future, at least in the near future to quite a stretch. However, screen space ambient occlusion coordinate post-processing screen (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, SSAO), and local real reflection of Crytek further development of it (Realtime Local Reflections, RLR), normal mapping and evolution of Parallax occlusion mapping is (Parallax Occlusion Mapping), such as ray tracing method to obtain information on local light shading to skip, as it were, the Technology practice in the pixel shader ray tracing to be implemented or have already of course.
In addition, real-time global illumination global illumination is (Global Illumination, GI) also ray tracing techniques and inextricable.
Continuing further, drew attention in 2009, Photon mapping image space (Image Space Photon Mapping) is performed by the usual 3D graphics pipeline to render the main, when sources to represent the influence of a local secondary of applying a ray tracing roughly, was a hybrid rendering technique.
The reprinted below is an example of photon mapping rendering image space, is a movie when it GPGPU acceleration.

Lighting only direct light. Lighting done in real-time rendering of 3D graphics pipeline is only this current standard
Without considering the global illumination, and thus will be added to a constant ambient light uniformly. In a sense, this is the familiar "3D game graphics normal" and said

Where ray-tracing and photon mapping with the effect of indirect light GPGPU
This happens when you calculate the indirect illumination with photon mapping the precise
As you can see the results and writing be synthesized only indirect light and direct illumination calculated results. It's also OK advantage of the characters and the source is moving

GPU acceleration of image space photon mapping

In addition to direct light, focusing on the fact that appeared on accurately the effects of indirect light, even white light can cause indirect light red if 当Tere wall with a red light, it is understood that the reddish wax. If the light source moves, the character can move, every frame, so do ray tracing to the effects of secondary reflections topical representation can be realized in real-time global illumination compelling
Thus, even rendering method of rasterization-based has been practiced in General GPU,'s happening in the spontaneous movement to try to blend techniques ray tracing in order to gain expressive power as the next step it.
Within this trend, the industry standard has begun efforts accelerated ray tracing is not never too early. Also, as mentioned in the paper a little, ray tracing acceleration, can be applied to data parallel computing of how it works, even impossible to perform physics simulation capabilities of the RTU will not say. If the implementation of ray tracing acceleration mechanism, it does not use a valid method見出Seru. After the appearance DirectX 11, in the world of 3D graphics hardware has little sense of stagnation, OpenRL, and trends in ray tracing acceleration might be a big shot in the arm.

This is the best I can do with the litteral translation(DAMN Google!)