stupid resistors (controller port)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
Macabre
Feet of Fury
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, little quake, doom is cute.

stupid resistors (controller port)

Post by Macabre »

So they've blown out a few times, and I always do the "right thing" by replacing them with the exact same type. I know its possible to go up to like, what, a 10k, and maybe it wont happen as often?

This happened again a few weeks back and I (in a bad mood), just soldered a wire bridging the gap for both of the resistors on the controller board of my system.

I read that the resistors were there to make sure that there was no fire hazard. But after a few weeks, and no noticeable smoke / heat... Is it safe to keep it like this, or am I damaging my system more than I know?
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Re: stupid resistors (controller port)

Post by TeamXlink »

On one of my systems I just soldered it over like you did and I still haven't had any problems.

Captain Dreamcast
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Everything... as soon as I've got that PC-DC server set up xD

Re: stupid resistors (controller port)

Post by Captain Dreamcast »

Macabre wrote: I know its possible to go up to like, what, a 10k, and maybe it wont happen as often?
Don't do that.

If you use a 10 Ohmage resistor, you can only use two controller ports at once. Which sucks.
For Great Justice!