XBC

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

XBC

Post by brourke228 »

Does anyone else here use XBconnect to play original xbox online? I would love to get a game going with some people on here.

My username is FlawlessApe.
Last edited by brourke228 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
brourke228

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Re: XBC

Post by TeamXlink »

I don't use XBC, I use Xlink Kai.

lazyhoboguy
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet. Just bought my very first dreamcast.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I dont use XBC either. I use Xlink Kai and my nickname is lazyhobobum on there. I only have a handful of Xbox 1 LAN games though. I play a lot more PS2 games through Xlink Kai than xbox1.

Doom 3
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Unreal Championship
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

Post by brourke228 »

I used to use Xlink Kai. The problem for me is like 99% of the people on there don't speak English and the only game that's ever played is halo 2. Its also difficult to organize a game other than Halo 2 with a stranger since you can only see people in the game room which you are currently viewing. Which without a doubt would be Halo 2. There is also no centralized chat for all people playing on there. The lobby chat is completely separate. Anyway thats the main reason I prefer XBC for xbox. If I was playing PSP, Gamecube, or PS2 through LAN tunneling however, I would probably use Xlink because its the best option for those consoles IMO.

I've got a lot of System link games though:
Doom 3
Doom 3: RoE
Ghost Recon 2
GR2: Summit Strike
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six Critical hour
Rainbow Six 3 Lockdown
Tony Hawk 3 and 4
Halo 2
Halo 2 Killtrocity Mod
TOCA Race driver 2 and 3
Star Wars JK3 Jedi Academy
Timesplitters 2 and 3
Unreal Championship 1 and 2
Forza Motorsport
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Star Wars BF 1 and 2
Regards,
brourke228

lazyhoboguy
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet. Just bought my very first dreamcast.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

brourke228 wrote:I used to use Xlink Kai. The problem for me is like 99% of the people on there don't speak English and the only game that's ever played is halo 2. Its also difficult to organize a game other than Halo 2 with a stranger since you can only see people in the game room which you are currently viewing. Which without a doubt would be Halo 2. There is also no centralized chat for all people playing on there. The lobby chat is completely separate. Anyway thats the main reason I prefer XBC for xbox. If I was playing PSP, Gamecube, or PS2 through LAN tunneling however, I would probably use Xlink because its the best option for those consoles IMO.

I've got a lot of System link games though:
Doom 3
Doom 3: RoE
Ghost Recon 2
GR2: Summit Strike
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six Critical hour
Rainbow Six 3 Lockdown
Tony Hawk 3 and 4
Halo 2
Halo 2 Killtrocity Mod
TOCA Race driver 2 and 3
Star Wars JK3 Jedi Academy
Timesplitters 2 and 3
Unreal Championship 1 and 2
Forza Motorsport
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Star Wars BF 1 and 2
I am most interested in playing Unreal Championship out of my games. Only tried it once since I just got it. I know 3 guys that also play xbox 1 xlink kai. Also check out this website

http://www.encyde.se/forum/

They plan xbox 1 xlink kai matches on there. Most of the players are from Europe, but some are from North America and they often play games other than halo 2.

My msn nickname is in my profile. I also have aim, jabber/gtalk, yahoo, and xfire. So private message me if you want my nickname on those.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

Siku
dark night

Post by Siku »

Both my XBC Username and Xtag are "Siku". Although whenever I do decide to tunnel on Xbox it's the same as brourke228. I prefer XBC. Always have, even before Xlink Kai's appearance. I use Xlink Kai for all the other consoles.

Can't remember off the top of my head all the System Link capable games I have on my hdd. But the ones I do remember are :

Halo CE
Halo 2
Doom 3
Urban Chaos
Star Wars : Battlefront II
Project Snowblind

If there's a big meet up on here with a game I don't currently have, it isn't a problem to *cough* it and *cough* it over to my xbox. Just say when and what.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

comradesnarky
stalker

Post by comradesnarky »

Considerable bump...but do any of you guys still use XBC? Also, what hardware is needed to get this working? I looked around the site but I couldn't find anything concise about what you need.

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post by TeamXlink »

You need a Xbox that is in some way connected to the internet via the router or a crossover to a pc (There are others ways, but none as practical as these.) and a PC that is also connected that can run XBC (Or Xlink Kai).

I'm not sure if XBC requires port forwarding, I know Xlink Kai used to, but now it supports UpNp, which eradicates the necessity of port forwarding, providing your router supports it (and has it enabled). For Xlink Kai, the default port was 30,000 (Possibly 3,000) if I recall correctly.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post by comradesnarky »

TeamXlink wrote:You need a Xbox that is in some way connected to the internet via the router or a crossover to a pc (There are others ways, but none as practical as these.) and a PC that is also connected that can run XBC (Or Xlink Kai).

I'm not sure if XBC requires port forwarding, I know Xlink Kai used to, but now it supports UpNp, which eradicates the necessity of port forwarding, providing your router supports it (and has it enabled). For Xlink Kai, the default port was 30,000 (Possibly 3,000) if I recall correctly.
I have a switch. Will that do?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post by brourke228 »

yeah a switch should do the same thing as a crossover cable. http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php?topic=networksetups
Regards,
brourke228