I think shenmue is dead :(

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.
craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

I think shenmue is dead :(

Post by craziestrufis »

I didn't no were to put this but here we go I have my email linked with the trade mark office and this came up http://www.trademarkia.com/shenmue-76539781.html

Abandonment Notice! On Friday, February 14, 2014, status on the SHENMUE trademark changed to CANCELLED - SECTION 8. Apply Now for this name starting at $159!

CAUTION: Although federal registration for this particular filing is inactive, the mark may still enjoy common law rights, or may have been applied for again in a separate application. Further research may be warranted to determine where this mark is truly abandoned in commerce.

Status Update! On Friday, February 14, 2014, status on the SHENMUE trademark changed to CANCELLED - SECTION 8.

On Monday, August 25, 2003, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SHENMUE by Kabushiki Kaisha Sega, Tokyo. The USPTO has given the SHENMUE trademark serial number of 76539781. The current federal status of this trademark filing is CANCELLED - SECTION 8. The correspondent listed for SHENMUE is JAY K. MEADWAY of Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, L.L.C., 22nd Floor, Two Loberty Place, 50 South 16th Street Philadelphia PA 19102 . The SHENMUE trademark is filed in the category of Education and Entertainment Services . The description provided to the USPTO for SHENMUE is entertainment services, namely, providing an online computer game.
Word Mark: SHENMUE
Status/
Status Date:
CANCELLED - SECTION 8
2/14/2014. I think a lot of people with be talking on this page the only thing I ask is pease don't band me thanks

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: I think shenmue is dead :(

Post by pcwzrd13 »

SEGA certainly wouldn't abandon the Shenmue trademark even if they weren't planning on making Shenmue III. The most likely scenario is that SEGA has lagged behind on the paperwork (see below for the definition of a section 8 cancellation). I'm sure the situation will be resolved shortly.

"Section 8 may mean that the mark has been abandoned and no longer in use or that the owner is still using the mark but just did not keep up with filing requirements."
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

pcwzrd13 wrote:SEGA certainly wouldn't abandon the Shenmue trademark even if they weren't planning on making Shenmue III. The most likely scenario is that SEGA has lagged behind on the paperwork (see below for the definition of a section 8 cancellation). I'm sure the situation will be resolved shortly.

"Section 8 may mean that the mark has been abandoned and no longer in use or that the owner is still using the mark but just did not keep up with filing requirements."
Sorry

pressure
Anarki

Post by pressure »

Last Sega castle is falling.... :(

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

ItsThinking95
shadow

Post by ItsThinking95 »

That trademark was for Shenmue Online. I think Adam Koralik made a video talking about this but I don't remember. I'm also fairly sure that they only lost the trademark in America.
He shall appear from a far eastern land across the sea. A young man who has yet to know his potential. This potential is a power that could either destroy him or realize his will. His courage shall determine his fate...