Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
DreamcastFreak
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None so far

Re: Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Post by DreamcastFreak »

Dirge Of Ram wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:34 am

Should be on 10k views by now, oh no Akuma in RE 2.......
Anybody got access to code veronica or street fighter levels, so they can be added in?

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post by DreamcastFreak »

Dirge Of Ram wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:34 am

Should be on 10k views by now, oh no Akuma in RE 2.......
Part of the problem is, for some reason more people are covering thelat new 52 mod. I personally don't care for it; it's more of an experimental mod that breaks the art, doesn't show anything that expands the DC's visuals, and is simply kind of all over the place. I truly don't understand why this is being ignored so far. Hopefully, that will change soon, though.

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Good Thing they covering The New 56 mod because that took me many years to build-up with Four Timelines worth off new Story Modes. I've had zero clue how to mod up games with Hex Editor let alone how to make CDI/GDIs. Had shoestrings guides to work with still many things yet to do at this point in time. HRCV Tool isn't available too me at all, so yeah no PS2 Stages yet.

Free CDI/GDI all available on our online Public Library, that's awesome fleet! You can read all the comments all over place saying they'll be sticking to the Original GDI. This is all about getting the Gamers interested in playing the Dreamcast again & playing this Remastered Version.

Time to move away from the Retail discs. We've been Gifted all these new Widescreen/VGA/Analog Support/English Translated/Cut Content Restored/Collection Packs/Faster better restored CDIs/GDIs since 1998. Do I stick to playing the Original Retail GDI after all that's been done this past two decades? Hell No!

Sonic CD, I play the Plus Plus version. Halo 2, I play the Complete Version with the Flood Juggernauts in. Dead or Alive 3, I play the Plus Plus version with all New Costumes in. Shenmue, play only in Widescreen Mode with the real Coke-Cola Vending Machines in. Shenmue 2, play that in Ultra Widescreen Mode with the English Voice Overs. You get it.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post by Ryo_Hazuki »

Hello! I would like to know if there was any improvement in the polygons and/or lighting effects in the "valley of death" phase? In my opinion this is the ugliest and simplest phase of the game.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post by DreamcastFreak »

https://youtu.be/Up2zFQcOBJw?si=-2-AFsNfhZugGmwz

Jesus @espirral how many polys is this!? Could you imagine if they made an adventure game or something that ran at 20-30fps using this engine!? It would have been absolute insanity!

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post by Ryo_Hazuki »

DreamcastFreak wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:59 am https://youtu.be/Up2zFQcOBJw?si=-2-AFsNfhZugGmwz

Jesus @espirral how many polys is this!? Could you imagine if they made an adventure game or something that ran at 20-30fps using this engine!? It would have been absolute insanity!
Ninja Gaiden.

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

I'm sure The Dreamcast Junkyard Blog will cover this in 2038 when all our GD-Drives no longer working.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post by DreamcastFreak »

Dirge Of Ram wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:44 am

I'm sure The Dreamcast Junkyard Blog will cover this in 2038 when all our GD-Drives no longer working.
He's gonna be adding hardware fog to the stage, too!

Retro-45
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Trying them all

Post by Retro-45 »

Holy shit that looks great, I forget sometimes how powerful the hardware is and it surprises me every time.
Bender: Behold: The Internet!
Fry: My God! It's full of ads!

https://one-eyed-nerd.blogspot.com/

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Post by Esppiral »

No FOG

A bit of fog

Lots of fog

Silent Hill