Toy Racer Online, can't connect

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
niZ
shadow

Toy Racer Online, can't connect

Post by niZ »

Hey all,
So I'm using a DreamPi to play online. It works flawlessly with every game I play except Toy Racer. I cannot get online. I made sure the Dreamcast is in DMZ. It just doesn't want to connect(it goes almost immediately to "Disconnecting"), I tried so many different rips(TOSEC, GDI, CDI) and all the same result. Any ideas?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Toy Racer Online, can't connect

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Looks like the server crashed. Just started it up again so it should work now.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

niZ
shadow

Post by niZ »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:27 pm Looks like the server crashed. Just started it up again so it should work now.
Thanks for fixing it. Unfortunately it still will not connect.
Here's what I get:
https://ibb.co/tBQF37n
Then almost immediately
https://ibb.co/DgG27mV

I've been trying to connect for about two weeks ever since I got the DreamPi. Not sure what the issue is.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Ah ok, that's probably a configuration issue then. I think Toy Racer might not see ISP configuration from some browsers. Not sure what you used to configure it but you might try XDP web browser.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

niZ
shadow

Post by niZ »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:36 pm Ah ok, that's probably a configuration issue then. I think Toy Racer might not see ISP configuration from some browsers. Not sure what you used to configure it but you might try XDP web browser.
This was the problem. I used Quake to configure the ISP settings before. I loaded up XDP web browser and configured the settings within Planet Web 2.6 and now it connects! So awesome, thank you so much for the help pcwzrd13. :D