USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
megavolt85
Developer

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by megavolt85 »

sonik wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:46 pm Btw, the shift up/down maps to what existing buttons of the driving force report? L3 and R3?
yep

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

Megavolt85 wrote: fixed
usb4maple(14.05.24 2).7z
Yes it's perfect now. Thanks!
on the emulator they use a patch that changes the game code to make all this possible; on real hardware it is difficult to do this.
Even if I make a patch for f355, I will have to make changes to the adapter, and this will make the steering wheel incompatible with other games
Also, all steering wheels are connected in driving force mode, so their range of functions is limited, information is not transmitted from a manual transmission, I’m not exactly sure whether information is transmitted from the clutch pedal
Ok I understand ;)

@sonik

In the F355 PS2 game, L3 and R3 are not used for the dualshock2 controller, but the sequential gearbox of the G25 works in the F355 PS2 game and all PS2 racing games.

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

f355fanatic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 pm In the F355 PS2 game, L3 and R3 are not used for the dualshock2 controller, but the sequential gearbox of the G25 works in the F355 PS2 game and all PS2 racing games.
I know. I've asked because the G25 is in Driving Force mode and it must use the same data as the Driving Force. So it does send the shifter as L3 and R3. (confirmed by megavolt).
And Driving Force does have L3 and R3 buttons.

When in a PS2 console it can be in Driving Force or Driving Force Pro mode. I believe F355 on ps2 uses Pro mode.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

f355fanatic
shadow

Post by f355fanatic »

sonik wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:06 pm
f355fanatic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 pm In the F355 PS2 game, L3 and R3 are not used for the dualshock2 controller, but the sequential gearbox of the G25 works in the F355 PS2 game and all PS2 racing games.
I believe F355 on ps2 uses Pro mode.
Certainly but it’s strange because the driving force pro (2003) was released after the f355 PS2 game (2002).

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

Indeed. The game supports just the driving force.
So the game is just using the L/R buttons as extra shifter.

I'm interested in detecting the shifter mode on a G25 but I don't have access to one.
If you have some free time and don't mind doing some tests, I can get you a firmware to run on the pico. Please let me know and I will send you a PM.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

PLEYOR
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake

Post by PLEYOR »

Hey megavolt, I was wondering if there was an easy way to get a LOG file for my mouse? I have a Razer Deathadder V3 Pro. Does this need to be via a USB-UART as I noticed you mentioned about potentially getting this from the computer?

Amazing device btw!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

PLEYOR wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am Hey megavolt, I was wondering if there was an easy way to get a LOG file for my mouse? I have a Razer Deathadder V3 Pro. Does this need to be via a USB-UART as I noticed you mentioned about potentially getting this from the computer?

Amazing device btw!

have you tried connecting the mouse to the adapter? how is she behaving?

PLEYOR
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake

Post by PLEYOR »

megavolt85 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 pm
PLEYOR wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am Hey megavolt, I was wondering if there was an easy way to get a LOG file for my mouse? I have a Razer Deathadder V3 Pro. Does this need to be via a USB-UART as I noticed you mentioned about potentially getting this from the computer?

Amazing device btw!

have you tried connecting the mouse to the adapter? how is she behaving?
Yeah I tried it the other day, moves left and right, but also shoots at the same time. Left and right mouse buttons seemed to work.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85

Picked up an official ps4 controller.
Model: CUH-2CT2U
VID: 054C
PID: 09CC

In standard mode (ps + cross), can you make pressing L1, R1 be a fully depressed trigger, like you did with the xbox 360 controller?

Twin Stick Mode (ps + triangle):
right analog stick - up is down & down is up (reversed) - face buttons are correct, just the right analog stick.

Everything else looks super-duper. ;)

Do you need a log since this was done before by somebody else?
ps4-device-info.jpg
ps4-controller-(cuh-2ct2u).jpg

Vespa
undertow

Post by Vespa »

Mayflash SS Controller Adapter
MayflashSS.jpg
MayflashSS.jpg (50 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Log is for a regular Saturn pad, I can't find my 3D Saturn controller but I'll update it when I do to log the analog stick/triggers.

I found these adapters, will get around to logging them in the coming weeks:
adapters.jpg

@pcwzrd13 Wiki is missing the Astro City mini arcade stick
Attachments
Mayflash SS.txt
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 18 times