DOA2/LE Texture Patcher (By CBNJ)

cbnj
stalker

DOA2/LE Texture Patcher (By CBNJ)

Post by cbnj »

SETTING UP DOA2TP (Dead Or Alive 2 Texture Patcher) - Lite version of DOA2TE (Dead Or Alive 2 Texture Enviroment)

1-Download DOA2TP: https://tinyurl.com/5dt8erfs
2-Extract it, you will get a DOA2TP folder. Done!

DOA2TP folder contain:
App folder whit the main aplication executables.
A folder for every character, each folder contain:
All the character textures in png format for edit.
A .bat file named after the character codename.
.BIN /.CHR files to patch the modified textures.
Backup folder whit the character textures in png format.
Attachments
CONTENTS.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:50 am, edited 31 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Re: DOA2/LE Essentials (By CBNJ) - Tittle to be chaged later

Post by cbnj »

PATCHING THE TEXTURES

1-Edit the png images of your desired character at hearts content, run the .bat file named the same way as the folder you are working in.
(if you are working inside LEI00, run LEI00.bat file, press any key when requested)
2-The png textures will be converted to pvr files, total patched textures will display in HEX notation when the patching process finishes.
3-Copy the patched .BIN/.CHR files to your "GAMENAME" Extracted/DOA2 folder and overwrite when you get asked about it.
4-Rebuild your DOA2/LE GD-R disc image, run it whit your favorite emulator and enjoy!.

If any of the textures failed to be patched the program will inform you about it, edit the faulty png texture and try again,
for a better result overwrite the faulty png texture whit a copy of the same file stored in the backup folder before to edit.
To avoid get such issues DONT USE "SAVE AS" or "EXPORT" your edited image, save any changes you make over the original png image,
doing it this way, major part of the programs wont change the original settings of the png file but retain the changes you made in it.
Refrain the use of filters as much you can, some filters add/remove image data information causing the patching process to fail.
To recover the original textures overwrite your modified png textures whit the ones inside backup folder and run the .bat again.

NOTE:
There is no way in earth a correctly formated PNG texture fail to be converted/patched by this tool/method because
i already edited, converted, patched and tested in game each one of them one by one and checked all the converted
files to ensure every image use the correct pvr configuration settings, if you get errors when patching the textures
this is due how your image editing software save the png files, try a diferent configuration/software to make the edits.
I used PhotoShop CS6: https://tinyurl.com/bdcextyt
Attachments
PATCH1.jpg
PATCH2.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 am, edited 37 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Re: DOA2/LE Essentials (By CBNJ) - Tittle to be chaged later

Post by cbnj »

Dirge of Ram, Vincent NL, Me
SPECIAL THANKS:
Dirge of Ram, Vincent NL, Me

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Re: DOA2/LE Texture Patcher (By CBNJ)

Post by Esppiral »

Didn't see this thread this is so cool, but it does not work for me, I edited the images, I ran the .bat everything looks fine, then I copy the new .chr and .bin files to the extracted games files overtwrite rebuild the game and it is still showing the original textures.

Did various tests and nothing, no error either while rebuilding or running the bat file, the textures are stilll the originals.

Edit: for wathever reason it works for ayane but for Kasumi and Gen fu it makes no difference... will see If I did something wrong.

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Post by Esppiral »

ok, ok I was editing the wrong costume lol.

Also to my disbelief my PC texture enhancement can be ported over to Dreamcast! I am full of joy can't believe thanks to all involved.

They where too much conservative with the texture quality it can be waaaay higher.

Left original texture, right recreated/enhanced textures.

I' see if I can port as much as posssible.

Can't wait to being able to mod 3D models.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Esppiral

Hi! The repacker says all the textures where imported back so the bin file should be patched correctly, in this case i would recommend dont load quick save states since this states save up ram segmengts related to the game files, this can cause the characters use the original outfits instead of the modified ones.
Kasumi have 2 outfits variant one whit long braid and one whit ponitail this can also be the issue.
Last edited by cbnj on Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Esppiral

Great to hear the issue was solved!
And no worries, is great this patcher is being of use for you.

Yes the textures can be up to 1024x1024 and this can be enabled in the DC game, is a mod i am willing to start.

Altough not all of the textures can be this size but some outfits as leifang one can, other outfits can use double size textures at least.
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Post by Esppiral »

Ok Tested on real hardware, forgive the awfull capture quality the game looks awesome

https://youtu.be/iY2WH11RuLk?si=hRX6Fc4N5czIu8CW

It runs beautifully.

Is there any plans to mod the stages too?

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Esppiral

Stages and characters can be modded already, yes, but is done by hand and takes time, vincentnl is working in a naomilib converter wich will ease this work at 1000% thats why i have this post a little in stop by now, and when everything ready ill update the model modification whit better features and easier methods.

Looking great in console i have to say!
Last edited by cbnj on Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post by Ryo_Hazuki »

This is taking on an absolutely incredible proportion! An old problem is the limit of clothing slots for each character, would it be possible to solve it?