SD Card Serial Port Tested Best Settings

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.
Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Holsten
stalker

Re: SD Card Serial Port Tested Best Settings

Post by Holsten »

What?
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

Sorry i don't understand?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

this is the free version from here, only the GDI that is posted there is not compatible with DreamShell, so I compiled my own version of the GDI image

The full version of the game is sold here

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Holsten wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 pm I got that thing because it was cheap and people said cool stuff could be done with it but so far i could not get much use out of it.
You was just given a list in that topic try those games. Want simple terms optimized GDI is by me is downsampled audio and video to match a cdr which is slower then a gdrom when i fixed RE3 i downsampled the video sfd and audio adx and asf to be under the speed of 4x speed and it now runs perfect it's not easy have to do a lot of work to each..Problem running full bitrate GDI on serial port full rate would not run on a cdr burned ether.. People run them on something slower so course it's not going to run well..

There is a list provided; you could try those. If you don't understand what an SDIO is, then here is a video.
 How to make ISOs for the SD Adapter and CDI files for CD-R's for the Sega Dreamcast. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuwqI271io4

You cannot run Wince games on the serial port.
If you need an optimized GDI for a game, let me know. 
There are a lot of uses for serial port readers, including backing up saves and trying homebrew without burning anything.
I also make homebrew in to SD isos; there is a post on here with every emulator, as SD iso can also be up to 4GB as
a sd iso.

Scummvm can also make sd iso with 4gb with tons of pc adventure games could not fit on a cdr or gdemu :)

Dreambor optimized for serial port
faster loading then gdemu best way to try any as there lots of crap but also very good games contrary to what has been said.. NO NES can have as many sprites on screen as it or colours.

What uses did you want can also play all the Atomiswave games much better then any cdr I did whole thing on my channel showing them running on real hardware with playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1jVAPzHTYV

This old stuff is not good for playing retail games because it takes work like it did for the cdr rips to work in the first place. If Gdemu had never come around, we would have optimized them all so they could play just as well as a cdr burned.

SO what do you want do with it and learn to do let me know and i will try to help..Can also dump your bios legal to use on emulators.

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

Oh thanks, this seems all very complicated but i will try to take a look at that stuff.

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

megavolt85 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:46 pm this is the free version from here, only the GDI that is posted there is not compatible with DreamShell, so I compiled my own version of the GDI image

The full version of the game is sold here
Oh i already have the full version of that game.
I payed for a physical disc but only got the download for the cdi.

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

You in need off 32gb Class 10 SD Card. Full Format with 32k if you want to play all Atomiswave games & 64k just want better steady flow.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dirge Of Ram wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:15 am You in need off 32gb Class 10 SD Card. Full Format with 32k if you want to play all Atomiswave games & 64k just want better steady flow.
Yeah that's what i use had little to know problem with all the games loading times are pretty short under 8 sec.. Faster then some retail games lol..

shenhulahula
undertow

Post by shenhulahula »

Ian, I got Pro Pinball to play and it runs very well, but there is a problem where the game freezes unless I press the start button fast during the first splash screen (to skip directly to the main menu). It is a very minor issue but do you know if I can adjust any setting to solve this? Here are the settings I use:

Async 8
X Emulate CDDA audio
X ORQ hooking
Binary OS: auto
Direct boot
Loader memory 0x8c001100
Loader 11 (loader 0.6.6 beta I think)