DreamSNES - Toast Titanium 9 - Mac OSX - Mac Dream Tool

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rontonsoup
shadow

DreamSNES - Toast Titanium 9 - Mac OSX - Mac Dream Tool

Post by rontonsoup »

I am currently using Toast Titanium 9 on my Mac OSX. I am having trouble trying to create a disc with DreamSNES. I have read all the tutorials, but so far, there is nothing on Toast 9.

This is exactly what I've done:
Downloaded DreamSNES-0.9.8.sbi
Downloaded MacDream Tools (MDT)

Added Single Sbi using MDT
Clicked Create Iso files
Added Roms to MacDreamTools/Inducer/Snes

Opened Toast 9
Clicked Data Icon, then ISO 9660
Dragged burn_1st.iso
Changed Recorder Settings to:
write speed 4x
audio cd: DAO
data cd: write session
unchecked verify data and catalog disc

Clicked the red record button

After burn, ejected disc
Reinserted disc
Added burn_2nd.iso

Then get an error message stating that the cd is unwriteable, full, etc.

Because I clicked on write session, the disc should not have been closed out, but apparently it has. burn_1st.iso is 690.6 MB and burn_2nd.iso is 648 KB. a basic CD-R can hold 700 MB.

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I have checked the majority of tutorials out there, mainly http://dchelp.net/index.php?id=macuser . Most tutorials say to click on the Multitrack CD-ROM XA format button. In my case, Toast Titanium 9 does not have this button.

I have wasted 5 cds. Help me out.

Thanks.

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Re: DreamSNES - Toast Titanium 9 - Mac OSX - Mac Dream Tool

Post by Impulse »

Thanks for joining, rontonsoup.

I don't have much experiences with Mac OSX. I have run into this problem on windows when burning cds in general. Try using another program to burn anything as a test. Does it allow you to or does it gave you the same message? Is this just isolated to the dreamsnes or can you burn other files?

I also know nothing about the program toast 9. You are using a unique setup. Hopefully someone with mac no how can help out.
-Impulse

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Post by Gary_b »

where did you get the ISO of DreamSNES. it might be that your using an incompatible file extension. i really don't know what extensions toast can handle either.

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

so far i have only tried to burn dreamsnes. if i successfully do that, i was going to do a genesis one. i already have a nesterdc disc, but i want to expand my library.

out of the 5 times, this is what i did:
1st - followed the directions, tried to burn the 2nd iso, error message "insert blank cdr"
2nd - followed the directions, tried to import the session from the 1st burn, reinserted the disc, tried to burn the 2nd iso, error message "insert blank cdr"
3rd - same as first try
4th - same as first try
5th - followed directions, burnt both isos at the same time, does not boot, even with swapping disc

i even tried using the disk utility that comes standard on the mac, but wont accept the created isos

i can burn normal cds, such as music and basic data, but havent figured out how to burn self booting DC disks.

i know you have limited experience on a mac, but what other programs would you recommend?

to familiarize yourself with the process that i am following, just go here:
http://dchelp.net/index.php?id=macuser

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

the macdream tool converts the sbi file into a burnable iso file.

the biggest problem i am having is that toast 9 won't accept the disc after burning the 1st iso.

even though i burn it as a session, toast says that the disc is not writable even though there is

still 9MB left on the disc for another session.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Post by Gary_b »

you can try using this ISO of DreamSNES. it has 540 roms on it. only problem is it was made for Nero. idk if you can use Nero on a Mac. but maybe you can convert the file to be used in Toast.

http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=3003

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

ill try it, but there isnt a mac version of nero, so ill have to experiment with toast.

but if anyone has any input to this topic, let me know.

thanks

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

I went to that page and that tutorial allowed me to burn the second session, but after inserting the disc into the dreamcast, it goes to the cd player screen and does not self boot into the game.

This is the other approach that I took....

First, I mounted both burn_1st.iso and burn_2nd.iso onto the desktop, creating inducer and inducer 1, respectively.

Opened Toast 9
Clicked Data Icon, then ISO 9660
Dragged Inducer (1st mounted iso)
write speed 4x

Dragged Inducer 2 (2nd mounted iso)
write speed 4x

Selected the option to append (other options were to ignore previous session or create backup)

Burned the second mounted iso

Closed out disc

I loaded the disc, the Dreamcast logo appears, but then takes me to the cd player screen, meaning the disc did not self boot into the game

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you to everyone who has been trying to help out, I really appreciate it.

rontonsoup
shadow

Post by rontonsoup »

i went to both and tried creating an iso using MDT by using the SNES plain file. after using MDT, i could not find where it placed the newly created iso. the home file was no where to be found. i guess im just gonna give up unless anyone has any ideas.