stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a bit

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Will sonic be getting better, mediocre, or worse in the future?

Better of course! colors and generations prove it!
44%
Mediocre. These games were just a coincidence.
No votes
Worse! sonic is dead to me!
28%
Not sure
28%

Total votes: 18

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a bit

Post by Mephiles550 »

What do you think will happen to Sega's mascot? I'm worried that Sega will mess Up him again. Even Colors (which Is one of the funnest games I've played the last 2 years) I'm worried Sega will avoid it's success. I love that colors took stuff from the classic games and made them amazing to see in 3d! Seeing classic badniks return made me cry for joy and even though I like the eggbot design alot I always wished the badniks would come back. The game had amazing level themes similar to the classic games and they were very original and creative! the levels in adventure were good to but they were based more off of earth like how "City Escape" is based off San Diago!

Also sonic has new voice acting! And its a GREAT improvement! I'm sure there are people who like Jason Grifif(did I spell his last name right?) But I just couldn't stand him. (which was weird because at first I couldn't tell the difference between him and ryan drummond) The only time his voice acting was "good" was in sonic unleashed and even then I still turned the Japanese voice's on. My opinion on the voices from shadow the hedgehog up to black knight-

-sonic's voice was near terrible with the exception of unleashed.
-shadow was....in between OK and meh...
-amy was actually pretty good
-tails in 06 WAS HORRIBLE but in secret rings and above he got better
-Rouge was an old whore. Enough said
-Omege was EXTREMLY cheesy
-Knuckles was good

Thats all the voice's I know and sorry if I left out any other important characters voice's

now for the NEW voice's from free riders and above

-sonic took a BIT to get used to but now I like his as much as Drummond!
-tails is almost PERFECT!
-knuckles is good
-shadow's voice gets a lot of a negativity but in my opinion I really like this voice! gives him some charm while knowing he's a shady character!
-rouge sounds a lot better
-amy reminds me of miney mouse...its not really good :|
-IDK about Omega I think it's the same.

And now generations...I've been following this since the anniversary site came up on early january 2011 and then later hearing rumors It would be an HD remake of stages from sonic 1 to adventure 2 (now from sonic 1 to colors) and hearing this got me REALLY excited but people were complaining by saying stuff like "NO I WANT SONIC ADVENTURE 3" or "NO I WANT A BRAND NEW TITLE!!!!!1!" you know typical sonic fanbase complaints. Then we say the trailer MY MIND WAS BLOWN! Green hill zone never looked this amazing ever! same goes for city escape and chemical plant (look at TSSZ for pics and new info on chemical plant +metal sonic and classic tails and the new sonicthehedgehog.com!) and then we got the leaked level list which later got confirmed. *SPOILER* at first I thought there would be more levels but a later E3 vid from a sonic generations brand manager said that there would be 9 recreated levels. Thats how many levels got leaked...
these are the zones In games release order from sonic 1 to colors...
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/06/08/excl ... evel-list/

for other chemical plant pics and other things-
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/07/20/11-n ... reenshots/
http://www.tssznews.com/2011/07/20/sega ... ds-boxart/

I like almost all those levels I'm just confused with the lack of a good water level and an ice level. It's not like sega! there's always different kinds of level thems and in plenty ways there are! but I'm still confused...chemical plant might be your water level but still what about ice?

Now people are complaining about the level list being now what they wanted. Retards almost all fan favorite levels!

green hill-fan favorite
chemical plant-fan favorite
Sky sanctuary-It's not the BEST level but its liked by plenty of fans!
speed highway-fan favorite
city escape-fan favorite
seaside hill-I agree with fans on this one I'm REALLY confused about this level which would you perfer this or something like egg fleet?
crisis city-You might hate the game but this level theme was liked by fans!
rooftop run-...I guess its a fan favorite but not a level I would choose...
planet wisp-fan favorite

If you fans wanted fan favorites then you should have known this is what you would get! also this game isn't meant to be all classic-SA2 It's meant to celebrate 20 years so the fans of games heroes and above arn't nobody!

I cant really get a good grasp of the future of the franchise from these 2 games...Generations just remakes levels and Iizuka (he replaced Yuji Naka as head of sonic team and He is no longer in it anymore) said that Colors was a more kids based game meant for YOUNGER audiences. So this could mean we might not see level themes from colors or classic badniks instead returning to sonic adventure 1+2 and unleashed style.

What about sonic 4? In a nintendo power Issue Iizuka said "we have taken much feedback and are implying most of it into episode 2" I think sonic 4 E1 was a good return to classic gameplay and physics wise you just need to get used to it! I hope they change them though. I couldn't care about the quality of the episodes I just hope the Final product is good! also DONT CANCEL IT! once you start you don't turn back! If your going to continue the classic series your finish every game! Also if the final product is bad I think i'll just leave sonic permanently...There's no reason for it to be bad though since they just improve episode by episode right...right?

Also why do you all want sonic adventure 3 so badly? You're probably not going to get SA2 or SA1 gameplay you'll get unleashed/generations style gameplay! The storys in the current games have already been very similar to the ones in the sonic adventure games they were just the ones that did it first...People probably just want the game for the name! If a game is called Sonic adventure 3 it isnt automatically GOTY! I have a feeling we'll be getting the game though.

that's my thoughts what do you think's going to happen to sonic?

MrSega

Re: stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a

Post by MrSega »

Has anyone seen some of the linked screenshots of Modern and classic Tails?

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

MrSega wrote:Has anyone seen some of the linked screenshots of Modern and classic Tails?
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/07/son ... ds-boxart/

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

So what do you think? Do you think there's Classic Knuckles as well?

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

MrSega wrote:So what do you think? Do you think there's Classic Knuckles as well?
mabey
mr sega did u just reed a bout the 3ds i have a post a bout it

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

Knuckles himself Is confirmed! the model for him was leaked so this will be the first time seeing him and other characters in the hedgehog engine :!:

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles550 wrote:Knuckles himself Is confirmed! the model for him was leaked so this will be the first time seeing him and other characters in the hedgehog engine :!:
Cool! Could you post the link to them?

In addition to Modern and Classic Miles, I can't wait to see Rouge The Bat's models, she's so beautiful and pretty!

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

here's the model
It's like that because it's the in game model so he'll be talking from both sides you wont notices both mouthes!

and other sonic generations info-
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php? ... 71&st=5655

the more you go back to pages the more info you'll get about the game! alot was leaked from the june 23rd demo!
also I think The next demo is going to be spagonia and be released on august 10th or sometime in octobor.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles. Awesome! I can't wait for Rouge and Amy models.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

The AMY model? There's already a model for AMY in unleashed so besides any darker/lighter textures or shading on her character model I don't think their will be much of a difference.

heres the unleashed amy model-

also look in the sonicretro sonic generations megathread and skip enough pages ahead to learn everything about generations! (the more pages you go up the more info you get! there's almost 400 pages though so I hope you dont mind looking)

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php? ... 24971&st=0