Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #1 - Crazy Taxi

Post by DCUltrapro »

cool so do the contenders that are on the "Which game would you like added" that HAVEN'T yet been promoted stay on the list until they do?

I take it when you say variety you mean you chose the best fighting game and thought next you'd choose the worst right? lol, I'm just kidding, its just by comparison MKG is sooo bad, but it was a fun little game when I got it. I'm only throwing names out here but there are sooo many fighting games on the DC that would be better to consider, games like Capcom VS Snk which have an active scoring system throughout the arcade mode, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Tech Romancer, Dead Or Alive 2, Guilty Gear X, Last Blade 2, Garou, etc etc the list of fighting games on the DC is pretty ridiculous actually lol. Anyway I have MKG so if it does go up and get a comp at least I can compete!
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:cool so do the contenders that are on the "Which game would you like added" that HAVEN'T yet been promoted stay on the list until they do?
Pretty much. I'll promote them to the games list if I think they get enough votes. The poll is reset after a game is promoted. At that point I would replace it with a new game. I may remove some games if they consistently receive no votes.

DCUltrapro wrote: I take it when you say variety you mean you chose the best fighting game and thought next you'd choose the worst right? lol, I'm just kidding, its just by comparison MKG is sooo bad, but it was a fun little game when I got it. I'm only throwing names out here but there are sooo many fighting games on the DC that would be better to consider, games like Capcom VS Snk which have an active scoring system throughout the arcade mode, Marvel VS Capcom 2, Tech Romancer, Dead Or Alive 2, Guilty Gear X, Last Blade 2, Garou, etc etc the list of fighting games on the DC is pretty ridiculous actually lol. Anyway I have MKG so if it does go up and get a comp at least I can compete!
The main reason I put MKG on there is that I own it...I'm not a big fighting game fan but I do like MK and Soul Calibur. I do want to get one of the Street Fighter games (most likely Third Strike) so I may add that to the list when I get it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

oh no worries mate I didn't even think about the fact that you might not have them lol, sorry I was being dim.... obviously as its your site its totally up to you. What titles do you have?? I'm kind of an oddity as I pretty much own ever major dc game in existence lol, about 235 in total not including home brews, burnt GDROMs, unreleased or other stuff etc, 235 official release games. Crazy I know hehe

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:oh no worries mate I didn't even think about the fact that you might not have them lol, sorry I was being dim.... obviously as its your site its totally up to you. What titles do you have?? I'm kind of an oddity as I pretty much own ever major dc game in existence lol, about 235 in total not including home brews, burnt GDROMs, unreleased or other stuff etc, 235 official release games. Crazy I know hehe
Here's my list of games here:

http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... 351#p32351
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

And that's it folks! Here are the final rankings:

1. rjay63 - $27,162.73

2. mazonemayu - $9,259.99

3. DCUltrapro - $8,900.93

4. Barrys_Bapz - $6,497.19

5. Dreamcast-News - $3,964.64

6. pcwzrd13 - $3,659.14

Congratulations, rjay63, you have won the competition! You have earned the following achievement:

Fare Wars! - Win a Crazy Taxi competition

Stay tuned for the next competition, Soul Calibur, which starts tomorrow.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #1 - Crazy Taxi (Ended)

Post by DCUltrapro »

cool, so I guess we can look out for another topic to appear soon with all the details and rules etc? I'm interested to see how far I can get with Soul Calibur again, that's one game I am the master at, I can't play against the computer unless its on ultra hard lol, my brother played soul calibur 2 for years, thought he was a pro, came to challenge me and I had never played 2, just the first, and I basically beat him in about 20 straight matches lol, great days

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:cool, so I guess we can look out for another topic to appear soon with all the details and rules etc? I'm interested to see how far I can get with Soul Calibur again, that's one game I am the master at, I can't play against the computer unless its on ultra hard lol, my brother played soul calibur 2 for years, thought he was a pro, came to challenge me and I had never played 2, just the first, and I basically beat him in about 20 straight matches lol, great days
Yes, I will be starting a new topic for the Soul Calibur competition. It won't be starting today as originally planned though. I will be gone for a week starting tomorrow so I have delayed it until Saturday. This way I will be home before it ends.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

one last question, I know you will probably explain in your new thread but I'm not sure how far you are into Soul Calibur, have you unlocked EXTRA Survival mode? It is a sudden death variation, Survival is 1 round and you have normal health and normal rules, Extra is basically 1 hit death.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:one last question, I know you will probably explain in your new thread but I'm not sure how far you are into Soul Calibur, have you unlocked EXTRA Survival mode? It is a sudden death variation, Survival is 1 round and you have normal health and normal rules, Extra is basically 1 hit death.
I don't think so. I don't think I've even played survival mode. Only the Arcade mode, so the competition will be my first time playing it...we'll see how I do...
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

ok just checking lol, have you not been through the story mode at all? Just to give you some idea, I've had the game since release and have completed it 100%, I've got the special background you get when the game registers that you've unlocked everything:

basically I was pretty obsessed with this game for a good 3-4 years lol