SOVIETBORGS by Retro Sumus (Xenocider devs)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

hombreimaginario
Developer

SOVIETBORGS by Retro Sumus (Xenocider devs)

Post by hombreimaginario »

:roll:

https://twitter.com/RetroSumus/status/1 ... 6832490858

https://twitter.com/RetroSumus/status/1 ... 0363899940

https://twitter.com/RetroSumus/status/1 ... 9779451022

https://twitter.com/RetroSumus/status/1 ... 0120071461

EDIT:

On November 9, 1989, 11:14 pm, the KGB's glorious electronic brain, Tovarishch-Prime, became self-aware, and immediately managed to take control of Arpanet, triggering the detonation of all capitalist thermo-nuclear devices inside their own silos.

Today, 25 years later, the West remains a nuclear wasteland. But like cockroaches, there are still some pockets of resistance and free-thinking threatening our workers' paradise. In these forsaken locations, new mutant races have emerged due to radiation and their sickening capitalist mind.

Fortunately, the Soviet People have developed a new unit of the illustrious Red Army, the SovietBorgs. Half man, half machine, all proletarian, they can go where no one else can, inmune to radiation, and liberate all new capitalist races from their pitiful existence.

Join the SovietBorgs. Become a part of their prestigious present and future, travel the world pacifying all the hotbeds of belligerence. Let the dream world of our venerable Tovarishch-Prime finally become a reality for all.

:!: :!: :!: Let's pacify the West! :!: :!: :!:

Only Tovarishch-Prime is eternal.

Coming (hopefully) soon for Dreamcast, Mega Drive / Genesis and, well, who knows.
Last edited by hombreimaginario on Sun May 12, 2024 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: New game by Retro Sumus (Xenocider devs)

Post by dubcity »

Three requests for your next game.

1. Unique IP.Bin with game name inside.

2. Pvr image on root to display on gdemu.

3. Exit to menu code in game to go back to gdemu menu.

Looking forward to your next release.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Post by Nico0020 »

add in official 4X memcard support. IIRC xenocider was one of those few titles that doesn't support it.
Regardless I am looking forward to what they make. A lot of love was put into xenocider. Which reminds me I need to go back to that game :D

hombreimaginario
Developer

dubcity wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:56 pm Three requests for your next game.

1. Unique IP.Bin with game name inside.

2. Pvr image on root to display on gdemu.

3. Exit to menu code in game to go back to gdemu menu.

Looking forward to your next release.
As I said in our other thread, we'll keep it in mind :lol:
Nico0020 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:17 am add in official 4X memcard support. IIRC xenocider was one of those few titles that doesn't support it.
Regardless I am looking forward to what they make. A lot of love was put into xenocider. Which reminds me I need to go back to that game :D
And this, too!
Last edited by hombreimaginario on Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Re: SOVIETBORGS by Retro Sumus (Xenocider devs)

Edited :P

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hmm not sure what to make of this and it also coming to megadrive..Very strange hehe..

Wombat
Vagabond

Post by Wombat »

This is a no brainer and instant pre-order, Retro Sumus = Quality :)
Looking forward to more details

DCGX
Metallic

Post by DCGX »

So it's an overhead shooter? I assume the player plays as the Soviets?

I'll be straight, even though this takes place in an alternate 1989, having the Soviets/Russia invade the West to "pacify" it might hit a little too close to current events with Putin's war in Ukraine and his overall rhetoric.

But I'm interested to hear more about the game when you share more details.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Ian Micheal wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 am Hmm not sure what to make of this and it also coming to megadrive..Very strange hehe..
Why strange? We thought it would be nice to develop a technically not-as-ambitious game as Xenocider, which will not take us almost 8 years to finish like Xenocider did :lol: so we're focusing on fun, more than technical achievements :)
Wombat wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:03 am This is a no brainer and instant pre-order, Retro Sumus = Quality :)
Wow, thank you so much for your words. :D
DCGX wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:10 am So it's an overhead shooter? I assume the player plays as the Soviets?

I'll be straight, even though this takes place in an alternate 1989, having the Soviets/Russia invade the West to "pacify" it might hit a little too close to current events with Putin's war in Ukraine and his overall rhetoric.

It's kind of an overhead shooter. Yes, you play as a little squad of sovietborgs.

Oh, no worries. To be honest there was a lot of internal debate about this. Rest assured, due to our own personal convictions, this game in no way implies our sympathy for any current conflict or any authoritarian regime or ideology. Quite the contrary, it's mean to be a parody, a satire about what communism and the Soviet Union promised and even more on how movies and comic books in the West used to portray them back then. There will be a very straight-forward disclaimer making this clear.

The very concept art makes it clear too that this game is not to be taken seriously. We aim to make it all absurd and ridiculous.

We'll be releasing some more details soon :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

hombreimaginario wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 pm
Ian Micheal wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 am Hmm not sure what to make of this and it also coming to megadrive..Very strange hehe..
Why strange? We thought it would be nice to develop a technically not-as-ambitious game as Xenocider, which will not take us almost 8 years to finish like Xenocider did :lol: so we're focusing on fun, more than technical achievements :)
Wombat wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:03 am This is a no brainer and instant pre-order, Retro Sumus = Quality :)
Wow, thank you so much for your words. :D
DCGX wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:10 am So it's an overhead shooter? I assume the player plays as the Soviets?

It's kind of an overhead shooter. Yes, you play as a little squad of sovietborgs.

Oh, no worries. To be honest there was a lot of internal debate about this. Rest assured, due to our own personal convictions, this game in no way implies our sympathy for any current conflict or any authoritarian regime or ideology. Quite the contrary, it's mean to be a parody, a satire about what communism and the Soviet Union promised and even more on how movies and comic books in the West used to portray them back then. There will be a very straight-forward disclaimer making this clear.

The very concept art makes it clear too that this game is not to be taken seriously. We aim to make it all absurd and ridiculous.

We'll be releasing some more details soon :)
I do understand how much work it takes not wanting to do 8 years again.. but it would be good to re use the work you did with your engine .. Strange was the story hitting close to home these days lol.. Kos and tool chain has had major upgrade since then there on gcc14 gldc is much better and there is new tools and speed in kos there never was and memory fixes to both pvr video and the driver and many things should take a look :)

How you even got the last game to work when there was a massive bug in kos the timer was broken the pvr memory was wrong and leaked and you still got a game working with it lmao..Also the sh4 math and fpu was not working correct.. So pretty amazing with that tool chain you got anything to work..

Well looking forward to more info and a demo in the future thanks..