USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Outrun

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

Anyway, I'm DONE with 8bitdo. They have sold out to Microsoft (most of their new products are Xbox console related). Anything past the Pro 2 controller, I'm not interested in. What was once a really fine and innovative company has digressed, sadly IMO.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat May 04, 2024 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
Should I install today's debug firmware? Is it different than yesterday's debug2 firmware?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

maonaluva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 pm Should the M30 2.4G control work via the USB cable? Mine doesn't work, even though I saw M30 on the list.
I posted firmware with support for M30 a few hours ago, if you updated the software, then M30 should work
MoeFoh wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:23 pm Should I install today's debug firmware? Is it different than yesterday's debug2 firmware?
is same but with support new controllers

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
select bluetooth switch on gamepad > power on with start > press pair button > connect USB cable on usb4maple

Didn't work for me. Gamepad-tester shows the controller connecting in x-input mode under Windows, I was hoping to see d-input mode. Might be because I'm using beta firmware, IDK. No big deal to me - just wont be using it with the Dreamcast.

Also, it didn't work with the Mayflash Magic NS 2 wired. First controller I've come across that didn't work wired into the NS 2.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

sonik wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:03 pm @MoeFoh I have not tested yet the neogeo controller. But the switch does nothing when using it wired.
You can try to connect it first to the adapter, then the adapter to the DC. Like I said many times before: some 8bitdo devices are a pain to get working.
Unfortunately, true. It doesn't have to be this way. They chose to make it this way with their new products.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

I don't know what firmware CHAP3L uses, but he managed to connect this controller to USB4MAPLE

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 pm
maonaluva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 pm Should the M30 2.4G control work via the USB cable? Mine doesn't work, even though I saw M30 on the list.
I posted firmware with support for M30 a few hours ago, if you updated the software, then M30 should work
MoeFoh wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:23 pm Should I install today's debug firmware? Is it different than yesterday's debug2 firmware?
I tested it with the latest firmware, when I connect the cable the blue LED only flashes, when I connect it to the PC the green LED stays on. Remembering that this is not the bluetooth version, its the 2.4G.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

maonaluva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:00 pm
megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 pm
I tested it with the latest firmware, when I connect the cable the blue LED only flashes, when I connect it to the PC the green LED stays on. Remembering that this is not the bluetooth version, its the 2.4G.
The firmware is for the M30 Bluetooth model. The 2.4G is a seperate model - there is a version for Genesis console & Genesis Mini.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

8BitDo is a company of idiots, only an idiot could make a bunch of controllers with the same name, I'm sure you don't have the same controller that I added.
can you post a photo of your controller or a link to the same one?

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm 8BitDo is a company of idiots, only an idiot could make a bunch of controllers with the same name, I'm sure you don't have the same controller that I added.
can you post a photo of your controller or a link to the same one?
This one.
https://www.amazon.com.br/8Bitdo-Wirele ... B07XPHP57T