USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Outrun

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
I just connected up my Horipad for Switch and it has the same PID, VID as the wired Retro-Bit Legacy16 you just added support for.
https://stores.horiusa.com/horipad-for-nintendo-switch/

HORIPAD S (STANDARD GAMEPAD Vendor: 0f0d Product: 00c1)

It is working with usb4maple as an ASCII Stick as expected.

A search for VID:0F0D does indeed show Hori.
https://devicehunt.com/view/type/usb/ve ... vice/00C1/
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Steam ... 796655042/

:lol:

redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

So cool to be able to use my 8bitdo SNK Neo Geo controller with the USB4Maple adapter! THANKS

rpf16rj
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:12 pm I'm sure you don't have the same controller that I added.
8bitdo has differents versions for each pad, M30 that you added support is bluetooth version for PC and Switch. This version of @maonaluva that testing is for Mega Drive real console and PC with USB adapter Receiver or Mega Drive Receiver.

I'm testing Logitech 3D Xtreme joystick and is amazing, thanks for add support on this.

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

redjeff76 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:11 pm So cool to be able to use my 8bitdo SNK Neo Geo controller with the USB4Maple adapter! THANKS
You've got it working? What firmware version?

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
8bitdo NEOGEO with debug.
Displays the message:

PANIC
Invalid Speed

Using latest debug firmware.

redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

the newest beta or debug FW from the 8bitdo updater program. Like it's not just the standard update. I don't remember where, but after you connect you controller look under options or something. It also made the controller bluetooth capable without any dongle for the Analogue Pocket.

I have experienced no "speed" issues and I have not gotten a "Panic" message. Could the issue be the cord you are using perhaps?

My controller works just fine

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

redjeff76 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pm the newest beta or debug FW from the 8bitdo updater program. Like it's not just the standard update. I don't remember where, but after you connect you controller look under options or something. It also made the controller bluetooth capable without any dongle for the Analogue Pocket.

I have experienced no "speed" issues and I have not gotten a "Panic" message. Could the issue be the cord you are using perhaps?

My controller works just fine
Thanks. I'm on v1.09 beta. Yes, you have to tick the beta box
from the about box to receive betas. What position is the switch in - bt ot 2.4g? Did you need to use the pairing button before connecting the cable? I'll continue to investigate.

Are you using a pico or a waveshare zero board?

redjeff76
Anarki

Post by redjeff76 »

no need to use the pairing button. Just plug and play. I did not move the switch. It's in BT position, but when plugged in the switch has no function. The controller just worked normally when I plugged it in. Much like my PS4 controller.

I believe it is the Waveshare Zero board. It is an adapter that pcwzrd13 made and sells. I bought 1 from him cause I can't solder. I must also say that the shell he made for it looks, feels, and functions very professional. I am very impressed. I love the pinhole he made for easy updating of FW too. For all I got, it was worth the money imo.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

maonaluva wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:36 pm This one.
if is have wired connection try it
MoeFoh wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:49 pm @megavolt85
I just connected up my Horipad for Switch and it has the same PID, VID as the wired Retro-Bit Legacy16 you just added support for.
Just so I noticed that I don’t like companies that use someone else’s VID and PID and at the same time their controllers are different.
make me a log from HORI PAD, I will try to add mode switching so that can use analogues

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

redjeff76 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:45 pm no need to use the pairing button. Just plug and play. I did not move the switch. It's in BT position, but when plugged in the switch has no function. The controller just worked normally when I plugged it in. Much like my PS4 controller.

I believe it is the Waveshare Zero board. It is an adapter that pcwzrd13 made and sells. I bought 1 from him cause I can't solder. I must also say that the shell he made for it looks, feels, and functions very professional. I am very impressed. I love the pinhole he made for easy updating of FW too. For all I got, it was worth the money imo.
I'm suspecting the rp pico board is the issue. Tried my 2nd NEOGEO gamepad and a different cable with the same result. Manually did a re-flash of v1.09 with the same result. I do have a waveshare zero board (which is what you have), but I have not put anything together yet.