Dreamcast ide pcb

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
StepoDC
shadow

Dreamcast ide pcb

Post by StepoDC »

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004117158852.html

Found this. Looks interesting to me. Do anyone have experience with this?

Looks like the pcb i saw at dcswat long ago

Lexlucifer
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Personally none but I've wanted to play PSO since the game came out but always was unable to.

Re: Dreamcast ide pcb

Post by Lexlucifer »

Yes, I use it along with a Japanese Cake dual bios VA1 and the HDD they sent with it. It is pretty awesome. A few games they packed with it didn't work for one reason or another and they unexplainably used a lot of the Japanese region games despite me saying US English NTSC. Even stranger was some cases PAL games were present (sometimes with US and JPN versions).As for the hardware itself, couldn't recommend more. You can even use SATA with a converter which opens up the possibility to hold the entire collection on a drive (possibly SSD in an adaptor) for less than the gdemu is now with similar compatibility (possibly better) and without janky software transfers etc.

wilfrido16
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Pso ver. 2
Alien front online
Quake 3
4X4 evolution

Post by wilfrido16 »

Interesting. It appears this ide adapter board allows you to retain the gdrom drive attached. The top case probably wont fit due to the added height.

Lexlucifer
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Personally none but I've wanted to play PSO since the game came out but always was unable to.

Post by Lexlucifer »

I just noticed that! It works more similar to a Naomi. That looks to be the only thing that differs from the one I own. They apparently have some which work with VA0 as well. It makes sense if the only thing stopping it initially is a voltage tolerance discrepancy.

protivakid
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Post by protivakid »

Lexlucifer wrote:Yes, I use it along with a Japanese Cake dual bios VA1 and the HDD they sent with it. It is pretty awesome. A few games they packed with it didn't work for one reason or another and they unexplainably used a lot of the Japanese region games despite me saying US English NTSC. Even stranger was some cases PAL games were present (sometimes with US and JPN versions).As for the hardware itself, couldn't recommend more. You can even use SATA with a converter which opens up the possibility to hold the entire collection on a drive (possibly SSD in an adaptor) for less than the gdemu is now with similar compatibility (possibly better) and without janky software transfers etc.
Does this board allow the top of your case to fit back on? Or is the OP right about added height?