Super Mario 64 for Dreamcast - download links and review!

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Re: Super Mario 64 for Dreamcast - download links and review!

Post by Neo-dreamer »

Great to hear Maybe someday someone will be port other N64 titles such as Winback or Mystical Ninja ect. Because N64 consoles are getting pricey.

Nobletaran
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantady star

Post by Nobletaran »

Any other 64 games on dreamcast

Maztr_0n
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothing Just Yet... But Likely 4x4 Evo will be First!

Post by Maztr_0n »

Anthony817 wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:8Mb ? It Seems a joke that the complete N64 is not ported yet to a high superior console !
Obviously you know nothing about porting games... The native PC port uses SO much more ram than the DC has! That was the version all other ports were based on! So no broski, it is not a joke, the joke here is I have to keep explaining this to people on YouTube comments that it is like comparing apples and oranges and it is a miracle this was even possible at all. You can NOT look at the specs on paper and call this a joke. You can however try and educate yourself a little bit and understand that it is different architecture, SKD and different API's. If it were that easy, the game would be fully running on the console with no performance issues. As of the last time we spoke, mrneo240 told me that currently with sound enabled the game has only 512kb free memory. That is cutting it pretty damn close if you ask me. :mrgreen:
not technical either and TBF i have made quite ill-informed comments about porting to dreamcast and such but,
oh do i love to hear the details about this stuff! truly fun to learn a little bit about the workings of this stuff, as much as i'd love to say anything about this, i'd rather just watch until i can eventually learn more about the systems workings. gosh i love this forum!
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||