Is it possible to port OpenLara to Dreamcast?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Is it possible to port OpenLara to Dreamcast?

Post by Anthony817 »

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:We have fmv
We don't have FMV more than we have
at the moment FMV works so badly that it's better to turn it off

I had a lot of troubles, I got sick with omicron and I don’t have a normal Internet, due to heavy snowfall, fiber optic lines broke in many places, including mine, and now it’s not known when everything will be restored
Ah man I got sick with it too from January 1 until the 25th or so. Was not feeling 100% until the 25th but feeling much better now. Take all the time you need to rest and get well brother. Luckily this variant of the virus is way more mild.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Anthony817 wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:We have fmv
We don't have FMV more than we have
at the moment FMV works so badly that it's better to turn it off

I had a lot of troubles, I got sick with omicron and I don’t have a normal Internet, due to heavy snowfall, fiber optic lines broke in many places, including mine, and now it’s not known when everything will be restored
Ah man I got sick with it too from January 1 until the 25th or so. Was not feeling 100% until the 25th but feeling much better now. Take all the time you need to rest and get well brother. Luckily this variant of the virus is way more mild.
Milder then delta but no milder then the OG covid Delta almost killed me..

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Ian Micheal wrote:Fmv working correct speed for me just no sound there only 15fps on the pc game..
there is sound, but it stutters, the picture crawls out of the right border of the screen, I don’t think this is normal FMV operation
compare, first is original RPL second ROQ 512x256
Снимок экрана от 2022-02-02 14-36-43.png
Снимок экрана от 2022-02-02 14-35-39.png

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post by Ryo_Hazuki »

Looks like they are porting to n64.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

megavolt85 wrote: I had a lot of troubles, I got sick with omicron and I don’t have a normal Internet, due to heavy snowfall, fiber optic lines broke in many places, including mine, and now it’s not known when everything will be restored
Wishing you well @megavolt85. Good luck with fiber optic lines. We have heavy snow coming today where I live also.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Fmv working correct speed for me just no sound there only 15fps on the pc game..
there is sound, but it stutters, the picture crawls out of the right border of the screen, I don’t think this is normal FMV operation
compare, first is original RPL second ROQ 512x256
Снимок экрана от 2022-02-02 14-36-43.png

Снимок экрана от 2022-02-02 14-35-39.png
Did you try on anything but lxdream it;s very slow emulator

not running like that for me.. no sound on hardware for fmv and it's fullscreen for me correct

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Ian Micheal wrote: Did you try on anything but lxdream it;s very slow emulator
on real hardware the same thing, only stuttering is much more common
i plan to move to separate audio and video tracks, it will be ROQ 512x256 for video and PCM 16bit 44100 for audio

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: Did you try on anything but lxdream it;s very slow emulator
on real hardware the same thing, only stuttering is much more common
i plan to move to separate audio and video tracks, it will be ROQ 512x256 for video and PCM 16bit 44100 for audio
That would be great idea :) I fixed roq to have perfect sound last year

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Ian Micheal wrote: That would be great idea :) I fixed roq to have perfect sound last year
Unfortunately, you cannot use sound in ROQ, the sound frequency in ROQ is fixed 22050, the format is DPCM, and the game engine uses 44100, the processor spends too much time converting DPCM 22050 -> PCM 44100, so we need to use separate files for sound and video

I have already added ROQ video decoding and it works perfectly, it remains to add sound processing

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote: That would be great idea :) I fixed roq to have perfect sound last year
Unfortunately, you cannot use sound in ROQ, the sound frequency in ROQ is fixed 22050, the format is DPCM, and the game engine uses 44100, the processor spends too much time converting DPCM 22050 -> PCM 44100, so we need to use separate files for sound and video

I have already added ROQ video decoding and it works perfectly, it remains to add sound processing
I see great idea :) spacechannel 5 they did this using m1v and adx on katana