DreamPi Desktop

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Windows9X
photon blast
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Tetris, Quake, Worms, Alien Front

Re: [Release] DreamPi Companion

Post by Windows9X »

Roareye wrote:http://www.seganet.co.uk/Roareye.DPP
That's a new DPP for you to peruse.

Logged in now, but again my Companion is not working.
I see you online and i looked at your DPP. It says you're playing Phantasy Star, so DreamPi probably does not support cool boarders, yet. It does not seem to support any Japanese titles. As a result, i don't see why it would be crashing.

Are you on Windows, Linux or PC? Can you complete delete the contents of 'Data/Database/' and 'Config.bin' in '/Data/' to see if setup pops up? My only theory is a corrupted DPP becuase DreamPi does not know how to handle cool boarders and might have stored an illegal character.

Thank you for helping out.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Roareye
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket, Quake 3, Monaco GP 2, PSO, Planet Ring, Toy Racer, Worms World Party

Post by Roareye »

I'm on PC.
Oddly deleting that information essentially reset my Companion, it asked me for my Dreampi IP address etc again. After inputting that information, it crashed again. It now is not booting up fully, same as before :(

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

Roareye wrote:I'm on PC.
Oddly deleting that information essentially reset my Companion, it asked me for my Dreampi IP address etc again. After inputting that information, it crashed again. It now is not booting up fully, same as before :(
Yes, i wanted to reset the software. I was trying to see if a DPP was corrupted somewhere.

I'm going to log-in as you and see if it crashes on my end because viewing your profile, and seeing you in the playerlist, does not crash.

Roareye
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket, Quake 3, Monaco GP 2, PSO, Planet Ring, Toy Racer, Worms World Party

Post by Roareye »

DreamPi shows this with every attempted boot of the program;
192.168.0.10 - - [26/Apr/2019 21:54:08] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

I don't know if this is normal or unusual so I thought I'd share just in case.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

Roareye wrote:DreamPi shows this with every attempted boot of the program;
192.168.0.10 - - [26/Apr/2019 21:54:08] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 -

I don't know if this is normal or unusual so I thought I'd share just in case.
I logged in as you and my companion didn't crash, so your profile on the server side of this is clean. Cool boarders does not mess anything up, so DreamPi handles it fine.

I know what your issue is; Your IP is triggering an exception, which tells the program to quit itself. I put this in place, because if the internet can't be reached, the tool will just crash anyways. I figured it'd be better to properly end itself then to just break.

In your case, it can't connect. I'm going to look over the code and give a bigger report. but i can confirm, you're hitting a failsafe.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

Windows9X wrote: ...
I've looked at the failsafe(s). Before i deduce anything, regarding my theories as i have some ideas, i would like to give you a special console-output edition, so i can see exactly what the program does and where it escapes. Does this forum have private messaging? Where can i reach you?

Thanks for your time.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post by Roareye »

I sent you a private message, just click Private Messages at the top right of the screen.
I also communicate with the DC community in Skype, if you have access to that.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

Roareye wrote:I sent you a private message, just click Private Messages at the top right of the screen.
I also communicate with the DC community in Skype, if you have access to that.
I don't seem to have received it. I'll try, myself.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

Hi, all. I've made some good progress in terms of user Roareye's crash. I think i've tackled the issue, but in the case of another incident, i've implemented a 'step monitor' into the next release, RC4. The step monitor will generate, in a text file, a series of letters; 1 per line. If you get a crash, please report what the last letter is, to me. You can enable the 'step monitor' by creating a blank file called 'debug.me' in the '\Data\' directory.

Thank you. The new release will be pushed shortly and will contain ID updates, as well. Special thanks to Roareye for their time; it's much appreciated and the project wouldn't be as stable as it is without them.

Until then, RC3_REV2 is readily available on SourceForge and that version is still highly usable. These above issues only occur when detecting Japanese titles.

Windows9X
photon blast

Post by Windows9X »

DreamPi Companion RC4 is released. (Win, OS X and Linux (Ubuntu based))