Hello

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jordan_niknak
shadow

Hello

Post#1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi I'm Ben and I'm just trying to revive my dreamcast. I have had it since 2001-02 when the ps2 came out I was desperate for a console for my birthday and opted for the dreamcast. I have never had it going online as I was only young at the time but I have always wanted to experience the online play of some games. I'm just currently purchasing a few games on eBay and hoping to go back to my dads house to get a few out of the loft. Any way hi any tips on games to add to my collection?

Retrosanctum99
dark night

Re: Hello

Post#2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi ben!
Welcome to the World of dreamcast (again)
Currently you can pick up most of current online games cheap on ebay at auction.
There is always the option of burning your own games.
There are some good tutorial videos on youtube, that covers all the items required to get your dreampi up and running.
Take your time and im sure you will get there in the end.
The only difficult part is the 2 minz of soldering to create a line inducer if your living in the uk.
But even that is pretty straightforward.
Good luck with the dreamcast collection and hope to see you online soon.
Attachments
IMG_1220.PNG

natelegz
minority

Post#3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm

welcome
I got a copy of pso ver. 2 pretty cheap off amazon. I cant say where to get the other games because i have them burnt

this program is going to be your best friend when it comes to burnging back ups
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... t-drivers/

Maliki
lithium

Post#4 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 am

Tips on adding games would be to look at a list of Dreamcast games, if the covers or titles look interesting, do a video search and see what the game play is like to see if its a game you would enjoy :) that's the best way to go I think

Also for the line voltage inducer, I think its Tact here who makes the USB ones right? Really slick package, no batterys ^_^

Edit: Yeah it's Tact, just PM'd him about it. USB Modem with the Line Voltage Inducer built in.

Here is the thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9753
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

jordan_niknak
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Maliki I'm based in the U.K. But I have researched and already purchased the parts required. Hoping to hook it all up soon. I've bought jet set radio and skies of Arcadia. Just can't play the pal version on vga which sucks

jordan_niknak
shadow

Post#6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:09 pm

jordan_niknak wrote:Hi Maliki I'm based in the U.K. But I have researched and already purchased the parts required. Hoping to hook it all up soon. I've bought jet set radio and skies of Arcadia. Just can't play the pal version on vga which sucks

Thanks for the info already though guys

Maliki
lithium

Post#7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 pm

jordan_niknak wrote:Hi Maliki I'm based in the U.K. But I have researched and already purchased the parts required. Hoping to hook it all up soon. I've bought jet set radio and skies of Arcadia. Just can't play the pal version on vga which sucks

Ohh okay good deal :) That's too bad about the Pal version not working on VGA.. :(
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

Return to “New Member Introduction”