Hucast Games.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: Hucast Games.

Post#21 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:53 am

^

Yup. Most definitely the latter!
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#22 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 pm

mstar wrote:
dark wrote:I remember one interview with Hucast they indicated that they seemed to sell less and less with each dreamcast release. Their take on it was that the DC fanbase was reducing over time. This interview was from years ago so i wouldn't be surprised that they are stepping out of DC development and trying to do something new.

Or they've f*d everyone over just enough that people are sick of their shenanigans.

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe the latter. Plus, when each new release is a rehash of the previous release, of course they won' sell as many each time.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I think the interview was actually with NGDev Team which is basically the same main person/people (Hellwigs), but yeah, they definitely left a lot of customers feeling sour over the years for legitimate reasons.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#24 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:37 am

I have bought so many of their games over the years and enjoyed none of them. They are terrible games. You must be a strange individual to enjoy them or be very easily amused. I have tried hard to like them but it simply wasn't possible.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#25 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I have bought so many of their games over the years and enjoyed none of them. They are terrible games. You must be a strange individual to enjoy them or be very easily amused. I have tried hard to like them but it simply wasn't possible.

The ghost blade and neo xyx were good games for me imo. Last hope was not for me but gunlord was brilliant.

mstar
Doom

Post#26 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:15 am

Anonymouse wrote:I have bought so many of their games over the years and enjoyed none of them. They are terrible games. You must be a strange individual to enjoy them or be very easily amused. I have tried hard to like them but it simply wasn't possible.

I've played Redux Dark Matters 1.1 and The Ghost Blade and neither fascinated me.

Both seemed so very bland and generic and lacked - for a better word - soul.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#27 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:52 am

Not really meaning to be harsh on people, that those are exactly my thoughts on the majority of the indie games for the DC. Shmups formula recycled over and over, very generic games without character, v1.5, v2.0, remasters, Rerererere-release, etc spam versions, but unfortunately people buy them mainly for nostalgia reasons and for the "new for old dead console" factor, and as long they do it, developers will continue to produce bland games, being one of the reasons, for money in these cases...

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#28 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:58 am

Raen wrote:Not really meaning to be harsh on people, that those are exactly my thoughts on the majority of the indie games for the DC. Shmups formula recycled over and over, very generic games without character, v1.5, v2.0, remasters, Rerererere-release, etc spam versions, but unfortunately people buy them mainly for nostalgia reasons and for the "new for old dead console" factor, and as long they do it, developers will continue to produce bland games, being one of the reasons, for money in these cases...

Some games are bought to keep the dc alive yes. But some I think are a matter of taste. I loved ghost blade, but I love shmups... some games are not for me others are. Gunlord, sturmwind, xenocider are great examples of good dc games, well xenociders not rekeased yet, by hey. Hypertension is looking good too. Pier solar is not interesting for me but elysian shadows maybe.

Still, we have a healthy indie market

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#29 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:58 pm

This is whats become of hucastgames.com and hucast.com http://www.hucast.com
http://www.hucast.com
The site is for sale. Wtf? Has anyone who preordered the ultra special edition redux 2 thingie had any correspondence with rene/hucast? I see no mention anywhere of redux 2. Is it cancelled? Should preorderers be worried? Hucast is a consumate miscommunicator. Lol.

Xiden
Developer

Post#30 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Might message them on their fb page https://m.facebook.com/HucastGames/