Guide by Xiden and SEGARPGFAN
Special Thanks to hawkzer0, itsthinkingstill, davelee1982
Video Tutorial by itsthinkingstill
1. Hardware Required
The hardware needed should be easy to find on Ebay or Amazon.
1. UNLOCKED Cisco / Linksys SPA1001 FXS VoIP Phone Adapter (Try to find one that comes with a power adapter) - Other VOIP adapters may work but they have not been tested yet. As more are tested in the future I'll continue to add to a list of confirmed working VOIP adapters
2. Sega Saturn NetLink
3. Phone Cord
4. Ethernet Cable
2. Hardware Setup
1. Plug in your Ethernet cable from your router to the VOIP Adapter
2. Plug one end of your telephone cord to the VOIP adapter and the other end to LINE on the Sega Saturn NetLink
3. VOIP Configuration - This Guide assumes you have a Linksys SPA1001 FXS VOIP Phone Adapter
1. You first need to login to your router and find out what IP Address your voip adapter was assigned.
2. In my case it was assigned 192.168.1.80, The device should also already be named "SipuraSPA" as seen in the screen shot below
3. Type in that ip address into any browser and press enter. Then you'll need to click on "Admin Login" and then "Advanced" on the top right hand corner of your screen
4. Click on System Tab
Set DHCP to NO,
Setup a static IP of your choosing
Enter your routers Gateway (Find this by using ipconfig on windows command prompt)
NetMask must be 255.255.255.0
5. Click on the SIP Tab and Verify/Match your settings to the image below
6. Click on Provisioning and Verify/Match your settings to the image below
7. Click on Phone and Verify/Match your settings to the image below
8. Click on Line 1 and Verify/Match your settings to the image below
If you are unable to get past the Dialing stage on netlink then your IP could be blocking port 5060. In this case you'll need to change the SIP Port and EXT SIP Port to 4000
4. Router Setup
1. Log into your router. YOU MUST EITHER DMZ YOUR VOIP ADAPTERS IP ADDRESS OR PORT FORWARD 5060 UDP and 16384 - 16482 UDP IF YOU CHANGE YOUR VOIPS PORT NUMBER THEN YOU NEED TO PORT FORWARD THAT NUMBER INSTEAD!
(OPTIONAL STEP. This will help reduce lag)
2. Next go to your routers QoS settings. Enable QoS and select "Bandwidth Limiter". Most routers should have an option like this or something similar.
(OPTIONAL STEP. This will help reduce lag)
3. Select your VOIP adapter. Enter your Internets Download and Upload Bandwidth. If you do not know this visit http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest. Run it at least 3 times and take the average speed for best results. Do this will help greatly reduce buffer bloat lag caused by routers. If you have a dreampi, you should also put your dreamcasts IP address in too.
5. Saturn Setup
1. Put in any NetLink compatible game into your Saturn.
2. When the game loads select "QuickLink"
3. Click on "Setup" on the main menu and you'll be brought to the following screen
4. Click on "Character" select an Avatar
5. Click on "Code Name" Type desired username
6. (Optional) Click "Taunt" to put in some trash talk you want to show up before the match starts
7. Click on "Phone Setup" select Tone
8. Click Return
5a. HOSTING A NETLINK GAME
1. Simply click on "Wait" , then you'll need to text message your opponent that you are ready for them to dial you. Thats it! You'll also have the option to practice while you wait for them to dial but I just hit no to make the connection processes faster.
5b. DIALING INTO A NETLINK GAME
1. You will need your opponents Public IP Address. If they followed this guide then their UserID will be 11 and port will be 5060. However these may very depending on what user SIP Port was entered.
to Dial you'll need to enter it in the following format
Note for ipaddress use asterisk to seperate numbers where you would normaly have periods. ###*###*###*###
Example: If you and your opponent have followed this guide both your UserID's will be 11 and ports will be 5060. We'll assume the person you are dialing's public IP is 127.1.1.0
So you would enter in the dial screen 11*127*1*1*0*5060#
Note that you may need to try port 4000 in the event neither person can get past the "Dialing" screen *See Section 3.8 on Configuring Line 1
2. Dont hit "Dial" until your opponent is in "Wait" mode first. Once they text you they are in wait mode then simply hit dial.
3. Enjoy the game!
The NetLink Zone sites have been fully restored!
When you connect your Saturn via Dreampi your game will automatically redirect to the appropriate site no modifications needed
Alternatively you can set your primary DNS to : 22.214.171.124 if your dial up IP allows this.
- In browser XBAND direct launch
- IRC Chatroom with XBAND launch to wait/dial screens
- Saturn BB (Saturn friendly bulletin board)
- Guestbook with Registration
- Help Site
- News with occasional tournaments
NetLink zone is Saturn optimized and will only work for NetLink zone enabled games!
NetLink Zone Leaderboards - Post all wins/loses on these threads on dreampipe bb
http://bb.dreampipe.net//index.php?action=vthread&forum=21&topic=111 - Virtual On
http://bb.dreampipe.net//index.php?action=vthread&forum=21&topic=110 - Duke Nukem
http://bb.dreampipe.net//index.php?action=vthread&forum=21&topic=109 - Sega Rally
http://bb.dreampipe.net//index.php?action=vthread&forum=21&topic=108 - Saturn Bomerman
http://bb.dreampipe.net//index.php?action=vthread&forum=21&topic=107 - Daytona USA
NetLink Zone Guestbook List
"When someone dials me nothing happens on my screen"
- When someone dials you, your voip adapter will have a green light turn on, if this doesn't turn on while someone is attempting to dial you something is wrong with your voip adapter setup.
- Check your stun server settings make sure everything is typed in correctly
- Check your Gateway and make sure it's correct
- Make sure your public IP address hasn't changed on you since your last connection attempt.
When you are in Wait Mode the green light on the VOIP adapter will NOT be on.
When you are in Dial Mode the green light on the VOIP adapter WILL be on
If you cannot get passed the "Answer" screen on the netlink call
- Double check your Voip adapter is DMZ'd or has Port Forwarding enabled on the correct port
- Try switching around who dials who and see if that fixes the problem
- Try changing your port on the VOIP adapters from 5060 to 4000 (Both users should do this)
- Try switching STUN Server to stun.wtfismyip.com
- Test if your Internet Connection can handle VOIP - http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
Games freeze up constantly
- Double check that all your opponents and your settings match exactly. Check step 4, and verify buffer bloat settings are not poor with http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
When I dial my opponent, it says his line is busy instantly
- Both you and your opponent need to unplug you voip adapters for about 10 seconds and then plug back and and try again, this almost always fixes the issue.
- "Disable SIP ALG" if your router has this option you should disable it for better voip performance.
- More tips will be added as problems are reported
Planet Web Browser 4.0
Planet Web 4.0 Covers [/b/]
[b]Ultimate Sega Saturn Web Browser 3.0 (Update 2.0) by itsthinkingstill
Ultimate Sega Saturn Web Browser 3.0 (Update 1.0) by itsthinkingstill
See NetLink VOIP/NetLink Zone in action!
NetLink Zone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKF0z9pu3g
NetLink VOIP Rally/Daytona Gameplay - https://youtu.be/q2qlxK1bI4Y
NetLink VOIP Virtual On/Bomberman Gameplay - https://youtu.be/66xKiknr_tY
SEGA SATURN, SHIRO! Podcast
Episode 5: Getting Saturn Online
Download: https://segasaturnshiro.podiant.co/e/35 ... wnload.mp3
Printable NetLink Guide Manual - by davelee1982