Dreampi problems, HELP

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

stachlj958
lithium

Dreampi problems, HELP

Post#1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm

I have a Pi 1 model B, planetweb browser 2.0, and a Dell NW147 usb modem. The main issue I'm having, is only one light on the Dell modem comes on (the right one) after plugging in all the hardware. I tried following the instructions to set up the browser using pc's video and I think I have the settings configured correctly. When I try connecting, it just says there is no dialtone. The raspberry pi asks for the login prompt, so I believe it is working.

GreaseWaffle
undertow

Re: Dreampi problems, HELP

Post#2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Did you follow all of the steps to build a Line Voltage Inducer correctly and hooked up the 9-volt battery correctly? That error is usually associated with the Line Voltage inducer not working right.

stachlj958
lithium

Post#3 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:11 pm

GreaseWaffle wrote:Did you follow all of the steps to build a Line Voltage Inducer correctly and hooked up the 9-volt battery correctly? That error is usually associated with the Line Voltage inducer not working right.

I'm using an ac adapter and LVI built by pcwzrd.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Well only one light turning on wouldn't be caused by the LVI (you should get two lights even if the LVI isn't plugged in) so you can rule that out for now. You can also rule out the web browser configuration because it's not getting that far yet. How are you connecting the Pi to the internet? With an Ethernet cable from the router?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

stachlj958
lithium

Post#5 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:08 pm

no, the pi is connected with the wipi (it's literally called that) dongle. I set it up and I'm able to connect to the internet. I'll try with the ethernet cable and see if that helps.