pso on dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexandar83
shadow

pso on dreamcast

Post#1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:18 am

Hello everyone, I'm new dc talk member, i need your help! I have a character pso on dreamcast, and now I can not load the character with memory cards. I played last night, and this morning when I entered characters not to be loaded. Appears to me A button: Reload. Is there a chance to restore the character, or is lost? Thanks

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: pso on dreamcast

Post#2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:53 pm

If you've played online, registered/logged into the sylverant server and used that character backup commands I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore the backup

But there's a few others here that can give a better answer than myself
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

alexandar83
shadow

Post#3 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks,but i not play on sylverant,i last time play on SCHTHACK server,but i play offline when it happened . I planned to go to sylverant server pso to play online, I had 140lvl character, but it happened that it will not load.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Have you tried to save new serials to your flash memory recently? Your character can corrupt if the DC gets confused as to which serials a particular character should use. Aside from that, it probably means that your VMU corrupted the save file. Never use third-party memory cards with PSO, as they are notorious for causing corruptions.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

alexandar83
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes. I had a cd pso SCHTHACK with a serial number, and then download pso from dc talk for playing on SYLVERANT server, and I lose the character.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:33 am

The serials saved to your DC flash memory must match the serials saved to the VMU. If they don't match, PSO won't load your character. You must erase the flash memory in your DC and then save the original serials to the flash memory in order to load characters created with the original serials.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

alexandar83
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 am

In order to process this? What should I do?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#8 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:52 pm

You can either download a homebrew flash eraser, or you can use a PlanetWeb 1.0 disc, if you happen to have one of those. I have a flash eraser on my site.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

alexandar83
shadow

Post#9 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:10 pm

No I don t have,I have a planet web 3.0.

alexandar83
shadow

Post#10 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm from Europe, I download flash eraser from your site. . Can you explain to me what I should do next?