The Ghost Blade

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Barry the Nomad
noob

Re: The Ghost Blade

Post#201 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:49 am

So George and I made a two part video chatting about the game and our own opinions on Hucast: http://segabits.com/blog/2015/10/09/seg ... ersy-talk/

I have to question Cube's affiliation with Hucast.... Hoping for a reply.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#202 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Barry the Nomad wrote:So George and I made a two part video chatting about the game and our own opinions on Hucast: http://segabits.com/blog/2015/10/09/seg ... ersy-talk/

I have to question Cube's affiliation with Hucast.... Hoping for a reply.

Video is ok but maybe some inaccuracies. 10,000 units is an unlikely number for an average dreamcast game to sell.
Imo it's best not to speculate too much if you don't have facts. We don't want a needless backlash against hucast either imo.

On a side note was there that much of a backlash about 'Razion' here in the dc community? If so can someone point me to this thread/article etc? Granted it was itself a semi remake of dux but was a neo geo game.
Has ngdev team actually stated they will not release more dc games?
I hope not.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#203 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 am

I don't think the backlash was "in the DC community" specifically. We all simply felt it was the same game again (Dux/Redux) but with a different name and colors. Dux/Redux was a DC game so it was ok for Neo Geo users, but yet another revision for the DC would have been outrageous (but, let's be honest, enthusiasts would have bought it once again).

When NGdevTeam saw that reaction, they decided not to release it for the DC, as far as I know. Which is fine. But I hope they do port Kraut Buster. I'm a huge fan of NGdevTeam, not Hucast sadly. I mean, they were far from perfect, but I absolutely loved GunLord and Neo Xyx.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#204 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 am

On FB NGdevTeam posted a comment regarding not porting Kraut Busters to Dreamcast, because their last releases (especially Neo XYX) did not sell well enough, as where the .torrent versions of their games got massive attention.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#205 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am

Wombat wrote:On FB NGdevTeam posted a comment regarding not porting Kraut Busters to Dreamcast, because their last releases (especially Neo XYX) did not sell well enough, as where the .torrent versions of their games got massive attention.

And that's why they need to add better copy protection, not just abandon that piece of the indie market! :(

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#206 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:28 am

It looks like not all hope is lost regarding DC games by NGDEV. They got many requests for reprints of their DC ports and, according to an answer on Facebook, they are "considering it". Who knows, if those reprints sell well, maybe there WILL be a DC port of Krautbusters in the end.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#207 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:04 pm

I would more than gladly get a Last Hope PB reprint, hopefully with the OST disc.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#208 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:31 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:And that's why they need to add better copy protection, not just abandon that piece of the indie market! :(

I honestly doubt a copy protection will keep the pirates at bay. Every single commercially released indie game can be found in cracked form on the WWW. Adding a copy protection will only make it harder for Dreamcast fans alike to make their own private copy for use with for example the GDEMU. I have bought every indie release out there, but had to resort to the darkside of the WWW :( in order to get a few gems running on my GDEMU.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#209 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Me too,I thought that Razion was a remake of Dux/Redux but after test/review is not a real remake, i was in error.
Read my review here : http://x-community.grafbb.com/t1445-mvs ... zion#20386 / "Un autre remake de Dux ?" (you can use Google Translation)
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#210 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:24 pm

I'd buy kraut busters. I intend to buy everything indie available for the dc as soon as I have a job again.
Neo xyx was great except for the game breaking bug... Gunlord was awesome and I really enjoyed it.
I'm still waiting on ghost blade... it should be good.