hi new to site hade a few questions

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

lostmyname
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: hmm nouthing as of yet

hi new to site hade a few questions

Post by lostmyname »

i just went out and finally found a dreamcast after looking for one for awhile the only problem i ran into is games are very hard to find so was looking around and some site was saying if you use cd-r 's that you can download and burn and play em with out haveing to do moding to the system at all as long as it isnt a 3030 model i dont know if true or not but if so i think im in the clear as my model is the 3020 one so was woundering if this is true and was woundering if can put more then one game on a disk second of been wanting to be able to do like emulater's do to the fact ive never tried one out was woundering if it workd the same way like burn one and can play if so i have nero and all so would be woundering if anyone could give me some names of good emulaters to get i know i want to get some from n64 like mario 64 /mario cart and some old school mario would be cool and any outher emulaters are wellcome basically just want to try out wich ever ones for different systems and arcade games like tetris and such if anyone could help me with this i would greatly apricate it sorry about spelling im not very good at it lol but if could reply soon then would be great seeing how i only have two games for it and there not anything that i can play for awhile thanks again and nice to meet you all i loved my dreamcast back in the day and now if what i heard is true thats even better lol thanks again :roll:

lostmyname
shadow

Re: hi new to site hade a few questions

Post by lostmyname »

basically if you can burn games to a cd-r and have em work with out moding your system and if so is that how you do emulaters and if so if you know of any good ones

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Post by Gary_b »

lostmyname wrote:basically if you can burn games to a cd-r and have em work with out moding your system and if so is that how you do emulaters and if so if you know of any good ones
yes you can download games. and yes we have emulators here on DC-talk. check the download section. theres Bleem, Neo4ALL and a light gun pack with NesterDC. Neo4ALL is an NeoGeo emulator. Bleem is a PS1 emulator and NesterDC is a NES emulator.

lostmyname
shadow

Post by lostmyname »

sweet thanks nice to know you dont need to actually mod the system by opening the case up and fumbleing around with stuff lol guess only outher question would be is it worth trying to take the system online cuz i have windows xp and have broadband internet so didnt sound like the whole hooking the dc to my pc for internet would work have dsl but no home phone line due to being able to just have a direct dsl line and no phone now a days but thanks again apperciate it

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Post by Impulse »

Welcome, lostmyname.

You'll need a special program to burn some games. Most of the time it will say which one you need.

As for getting online, it would be a bit tough in your situation. There is the dc-pc server but no one has gotten it to work with windows xp that we have seen. You could buy a broadband adapter but they are expensive, check ebay.
-Impulse

lostmyname
shadow

Post by lostmyname »

thanks very much for the info as of now i only have nero the newest version but if i end up needing a different program thats cool my friend pays for some site where theres a list of like 140 games for it so was going to try that but his burner died lol just want to play it so bad but no games as of yet and stores out here dont cary them so a little ruff to find em :|

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Post by Impulse »

Nero should be able to burn any .nrg files. But for .cdi files you will need disc juggler, free to download. And for .mdf and other files you will need Alcohol 120.
-Impulse