Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

o.pwuaioc
shadow

Re: Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Post#21 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

What about the PC Engine? I've heard folks speak incredulously about that stretch goal as well.

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#22 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 pm

teamsaberrider wrote:Okay guys, we get a lot of questions for the dreamcast evrsion but people are not pletching because the think that the Stretchgoal is too high. We are consider to restructure the stretchgoals and I would like to know what you think. We want to try to lower the DC Stretchgoal to 100k. This should be doable right?

Now you are talking! :D

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#23 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Thing is that 99% of the DC users won't pledge if there isn't actually anything in it for us. It makes no sense to pledge €50 or 100 just to make it to the DC stretch goal, and then to have to pay another 50 or 100 to actually get a copy of the game, that's just not how it works...

If you actually add a physical copy for the DC you'll be amazed how fast it'll start going up. We're very supportive to our scene
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

teamsaberrider
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Another small update, we work on a paypal solution right now for those who have no credit card
Power stride and ready to ride!

teamsaberrider
Developer

Post#25 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:35 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:What about the PC Engine? I've heard folks speak incredulously about that stretch goal as well.

We hope to have cool news about it very soon!

teamsaberrider
Developer

Post#26 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:36 pm

mazonemayu wrote:Thing is that 99% of the DC users won't pledge if there isn't actually anything in it for us. It makes no sense to pledge €50 or 100 just to make it to the DC stretch goal, and then to have to pay another 50 or 100 to actually get a copy of the game, that's just not how it works...

If you actually add a physical copy for the DC you'll be amazed how fast it'll start going up. We're very supportive to our scene

I am not quite sure, the DC Port will be a real physical release on 2 CDs. One game, the other the Game OST.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#27 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:59 pm

mazonemayu wrote:Thing is that 99% of the DC users won't pledge if there isn't actually anything in it for us. It makes no sense to pledge €50 or 100 just to make it to the DC stretch goal, and then to have to pay another 50 or 100 to actually get a copy of the game, that's just not how it works...

I agree. Supporting preorders and kickstarters is one thing but adding the "maybies and ifs" to the mix is another. I hope you restructure a dreamcast tier.

teamsaberrider
Developer

Post#28 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Okay guys, Dreamcast will be changed down to 90K.

Blai
photon blast

Post#29 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:47 pm

I think you should offer Nintendo 3DS physical copies, only attainable via Kickstarter, that way a lot of collectors would pledge. People that come to Kickstarters & collectors in general want physycal rewards, not just download codes, that's how I see it. You can charge 150 € for a 3DS physical copy and believe me that collectors of the system will pledge just to be able to have a fullset or just to have a rare title in their collection.

Also, you should make something like 100 € - physical Dreamcast copy of the game as a pledge, not just a certain stretch goal amount. If you do it this way, the total pledged will increse by thousands really quick.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#30 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:08 pm

@Teamsaberrider: First of all, thanks for reaching out to us in this forum.
mazonemayu wrote:If you actually add a physical copy for the DC you'll be amazed how fast it'll start going up. We're very supportive to our scene

I agree. If you need a proof, search for the KS of Redux, Pier Solar HD and Elysian Shadows. Those projects where mostly carried by the DC-scene.
My personal opinion (ie the scenario that would lead ME to support your cause): You should guarantee a high quality DC-version from the start, maybe even in two different editions (let's say $ 40 for a RE, $ 80 for a CE). I'm a Dreamcast fan and I supported all of the related Kickstarters so far. To be honest, with the current graphical quality (even if this is early alpha) I would only go for the $ 40 RE of my scenario (that implies that I wouldn't back now, because I simply don't care for the other platforms). Please increase the graphical quality. I'm not saying "lift it to a 32-bit level", just make it look like a top notch 16 bit title (animations, parallax-layers).
I wish you no harm, those are just my 2 cents. Good luck!