pso 1 &2:gamecube

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

djexotic
dark night

pso 1 &2:gamecube

Post#1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 am

i was watching some gamecube history and i came across phantasy star online 1&2 that was on gamecube and saying the online feature was amazing. so i check it out if people still play. no luck but i see video's of people using a private service that is still in used and walk threws of connect to online.

so i wonder if people are still playing pso on the gamecue still like the dreamcast?

Impulse
Admin

Re: pso 1 &2:gamecube

Post#2 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 am

Yeah it can be played in the same way version 1 and 2 for Dreamcast. You can connect to the same Sylverant server that the DC version connects to.

Edit: Moved to Nintendo console section.
-Impulse

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:19 am

It's also worth noting that you can go online with the Wii if you install homebrew. This is a lot cheaper to do than using an actual GC, because you don't have to buy a broadband adapter or find one of the rare keyboard adapters for your GC, as the Wii will let you use a normal USB keyboard to type (again, thanks to homebrew).
"Fear the HUnewearl."

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 pm

I did a how-to guide on connecting with the Gamecube with the broadband adapter. Infinitely easier to configure than the DC version

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:16 pm

It still boggles my mind that Sega doesn't allow you to configure the DC modem from within PSO itself. At least they fixed it in GC, and GC doesn't require you to configure fake modem settings to use the BBA, either. :P
"Fear the HUnewearl."

djexotic
dark night

Post#6 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:It's also worth noting that you can go online with the Wii if you install homebrew. This is a lot cheaper to do than using an actual GC, because you don't have to buy a broadband adapter or find one of the rare keyboard adapters for your GC, as the Wii will let you use a normal USB keyboard to type (again, thanks to homebrew).

I have homebrew in my wii for my entertainment used but it will work right and is the service's still on. i am planning to get the game hopefully at sgc con next month. if the price is right. as for the rare keyboard, i kinda wanna get it because it kinda cool looking and wonder if it work on the game cube.