SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: SLaVE

Post#31 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:33 pm

For regular edition aka just limited one shipping price was 15 $ that is fine.

Impulse
Admin

Post#32 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Corbyn wrote:I'm not at liberty to say JUST yet. I think this will be the only run GSP will do for SLaVE, though I can imagine rising popularity after the first run will renew interest. I don't think the piracy will be worth it though for costly reprints.

That's understandable, thanks for the reply.

Corbyn wrote:I'm finding it amusing that there are a few websites bashing the game because of how it looks/plays/etc. I remember reading a comment from someone who said essentially that "I (Corbyn) asked the community and we gave a "YES" so we have to live with it" kind of attitude. Didn't read one positive post on that forum.

Not sure what they were expecting beyond what I made crystal clear in the beginning of this campaign, but whatever.

:( I'm not sure why anyone would want to bash it. This is a unique homebrew game for the Dreamcast. It looks fun and the art style is cool. If it plays as good as it looks and sounds then I think it's going to be a great buy.
-Impulse

Corbyn
Developer

Post#33 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:51 am

Awesome - glad to hear your kind words. Here's hoping!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#34 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:56 am

Just found out about this today and instantly pre-ordered it. I look forward to playing it. I'm getting very tired of ng dev team shooters. This is a refreshing change. I wish you all the best with this release and hope to see many more using this engine.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#35 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 am

I've watched the video a few times again and I must say I'm very impressed. It is everything I would like in a game. Will it have multiplayer options? Either split screen or via BBA/56k. I have BBA and waiting on a game to use it with.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Corbyn
Developer

Post#36 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks - we appreciate your comments!

Our engine is 3DGE, and also powers Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness, another title of ours.

Unfortunately, 3DGE does not have a networking component so we will not feature Online play in either title - however, Splitscreen 2 player is available as-is.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#37 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:52 am

If someone makes a game in the doom engine is it easy for it to be imported to 3DGE engine? This may be of interest to me.

Do you have plans of releasing the 3DGE engine so others can make DC games? If it has no legal issues with the doom engine you could charge money for this. I'd be willing to pay for it if it is a complete 3d DC engine.

Corbyn
Developer

Post#38 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 am

We have already released the 3DGE engine and continue to make updates to it. Last year via DCEmulation we announced the release of Dream3DGE, and the PC-side engines have updates every 1-4 months:
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/news/iso ... -released/

Why this didn't catch on as much as the ESTK is beyond me, but yeah, we did it first 8)

The best part is that we do NOT charge, nor will be EVER charge - it's licensed under the GPL - the only stipulation being that you release the source code. That's it.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#39 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Slave can be play with link-cable ?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#40 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:36 pm

We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe: