Shenmue Undub Released!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Shenmue Undub Released!

Post#21 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:10 am

If it was released in this undub style, it would've turned me away from the game immediately. I found Shenmue II to be impossible to play on Dreamcast, just because I'm more of an auditory person when it comes to the names of locations. It's kind of odd really, I read a fair amount but the thing that always slips by me is locations and the names of them. That was pretty much a death sentence for my play through of II. The dub is shitty, but as someone who loves awful kung fu dubs, it's kind of endearing and gives Shenmue a unique personality (even if it wasn't intentional).

MrSega

Post#22 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 am

Comrade Snarky wrote:If it was released in this undub style, it would've turned me away from the game immediately. I found Shenmue II to be impossible to play on Dreamcast, just because I'm more of an auditory person. The dub is shitty, but as someone who loves awful kung fu dubs, it's kind of endearing and gives Shenmue a unique personality (even if it wasn't intentional).

All D.O.A. games have been released without english dubbing too. Hell on Soul Calibur II ,it really took you out of the game and sounded forced and hammy.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:13 am

So? It's a different genre and the games are nothing alike. Please don't derail this thread.

MrSega

Post#24 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:So? It's a different genre and the games are nothing alike. Please don't derail this thread.

:?:
Derailing is a false accusation. Nothing about my post is derailing the topic. I'm making a point in a civil manner. Most Japanese in house games during that era did not need ADR production.

Rive
noob

Post#25 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am

Thank you for all the good work! I will share this w/ my friends who love Shenmue!

kaltes
noob

Post#26 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:35 am

@admins: "The forum you selected does not exist."
Please reupload/recreate the path. Iso zone is cancelling allways the download. TIA

kaltes
noob

File corrupted, please fix!

Post#27 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Problem solved. Must have got a bad file. Works now.

Pharaoh
noob

Post#28 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Amazing job, SMiTH. Thank you.

Pharaoh
noob

Post#29 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:03 pm

kaltes wrote:@admins: "The forum you selected does not exist."
Please reupload/recreate the path. Iso zone is cancelling allways the download. TIA

I'm having the exact same problem. Can't access the download page and Iso Zone keeps getting stuck.

How did you solve it?

asl
noob

Post#30 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm

kaltes wrote:@admins: "The forum you selected does not exist."

This.