Reblobed-Announcing Platformer for DC

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Sylphiren
Developer

Reblobed-Announcing Platformer for DC

Post#1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi,

since we are not aware of how many people have heard of us by now we will start with a quick introduction.

We are 2D-Retroperspectives a game development team founded back in 2009 focusing on creating nostalgic 2d games for various platforms. Since our beginings we have trained a lot on our various skills, created some loveable games and developed further ideas for future projects.

Among our libary of games you will find the jump and run game Jump and Blob, the vintage space shooting game „Rectangle Battle“ and our most recent release „2D House of Terror“. Platforms we currently focus on are Open Pandora, Sega Dreamcast and XBLIG.
Our most ambitious project so far is the action j-rpg called „Saviour“ which has been in development since 2011.

Being aware of the student like character that clings to our currently released projects as well as the long development time that is obvious for a project like Saviour we wanted to add another rather ambitious endeavour to our list of commitment.
We simply love to create games but our work lacks some quality here and there so we decided to revisit our very first game, take our +3 years of experience and do a complete new as well as a more professional start with it. What better way to grow than looking back on your roots, eh ;)?
Well we thought that would be a great oppertunity to gather more interested people and get some awesome feedback from all of you!
Although our concept is quite steadfast it never hurts to listen to some other opinions.
What are your thoughts on platformers in general? Are there some favourits you have? What would you like to see new in the genre? We will leave you to discuss with a few first impressions on the games remastered looks and hope we awoke some interest in you :)

Greetings 2D-RP Team

Edit:
Visit us on Facebook! 2D-RP on Facebook
Last edited by Sylphiren on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wulffee
letterbomb

Re: Reblobled-Announcing Platformer for DC

Post#2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Well from the pictures I see I cant wait to play either of them on a Dreamcast do you have any release dates?

What are your thoughts on platformers in general?
-I like platformers as long as the controls are tight and not abruptly as hard as some of the old school NES classics (unless thats your audience) If the controls are not tight its very hard for me to play even 3D platformers because most of the time im cursing at the game or controller for not working right. There are some DC games I wont even touch because of shoddy control schemes that just dont work.

What would you like to see new in the genre?
-A new character that we can care about not a clone of like Mario or Sonic an original person to follow on there journey and I like humor in my games when possible.

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Re: Reblobled-Announcing Platformer for DC

Post#3 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:56 am

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Sylphiren
Developer

Re: Reblobed-Announcing Platformer for DC

Post#4 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:14 pm

@Wulffee:

Thanks for your opinion =) Good to know! Sadly we wont announce a release date by now, but we will keep you up to date ;)

@dreamcast-news:

Thank you again for your continued information spreading. It helps alot!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am

Reblobed looks really cool! The smooth and colorful graphics remind me of original Rayman.

Jinx
Doom

Post#6 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 am

[redacted]
Last edited by Jinx on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:24 pm

looks sweet.

my thoughts on platformers: Castlevania
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#8 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Looking good! Always nice to see new Dreamcast developments :)

bramenjam
rebel

Post#9 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:26 am

I look the colourful, happy look of reblobed!
Can you tell us if it's an action platformer (like Sonic, Mario, etc) or a puzzle platformer (like Toki Tori, Puggsy)?

Sylphiren
Developer

Post#10 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for the nice comments =)

@dark:

rayman is one of the inspiration giving titles for the game ;)

@bramenjam:
Hey there! Nice question :) Reblobed will mainly be an action platformer however puzzle elements are a must have so we will put some in the game ;)

Thanks for the kind feedback so far. Its great! If you would like to know anything concerning the project just keep up the questions ;)

Greetings
2D-RP

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”