capcom vs snk

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

capcom vs snk

Post#1 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 am

which versions of capcom vs snk came out PAL? I know there's 4 different versions of em, but not what came out where
any info on this will help me with completing my PAL collection

-Capcom vs. SNK
-Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001
-Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
-Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Re: capcom vs snk

Post#2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:31 am

I think the differences between the ones you listed is that Capcom vs SNK and Capcom Vs SNK Millennium fight pro are the same except for the inclusion of Joe Higashi and Dan in Millennium fight 2000 pro
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:30 pm

TheCoolinator wrote:I think the differences between the ones you listed is that Capcom vs SNK and Capcom Vs SNK Millennium fight pro are the same except for the inclusion of Joe Higashi and Dan in Millennium fight 2000 pro

Yeah. Capcom vs. Snk Millenium Fight Pro, apparently also has a few extra stages too.
Maximillian Dood and the yovideogames crew, played it the other day, on the yovideogames channel. They even showed off, the hilltop snow stage, that according to them, apparently wasn't present, in the original Capcom vs. Snk game too.

I will admit, that first Capcom vs. Snk game, was nice though. :)
Last edited by beanboy on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm not sure if it's the same one that apparently wasn't present, but I definitely remember a snow stage in original Capcom VS SNK. It was where you fight Nakoruru.

Though the requirements for unlocking characters and stages in this game were so tough that I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely missed it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:08 am

ReaderRagfish wrote:I'm not sure if it's the same one that apparently wasn't present, but I definitely remember a snow stage in original Capcom VS SNK. It was where you fight Nakoruru.

Yeah. That was the same thing I was thinking, when I was watching them play it.
I was like, "Is max and crew correct?" I could have sworn that snow stage they were showing off, was in the original CVS1 game. The problem was, it's been a good while since I've seen that game, so my memory is kinda rusty.
The snow stage they showed in the vid, has a piece of icy hill rock, that sticks out of the cliff.
And there a village, far down below.

ReaderRagfish wrote:Though the requirements for unlocking characters and stages in this game were so tough that I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely missed it.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that. And I myself have heard, alot of gamers say, that unlocking things in that game is tough. Now I'm tempted to buy that game, and see how tough it is to unlock stuff, for myself. :lol:

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#6 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:40 am

beanboy wrote:
ReaderRagfish wrote:Though the requirements for unlocking characters and stages in this game were so tough that I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely missed it.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that. And I myself have heard, alot of gamers say, that unlocking things in that game is tough. Now I'm tempted to buy that game, and see how tough it is to unlock stuff, for myself. :lol:

Yep, it took me a long time to unlock Akuma, the final character. The game itself isn't too hard, but for unlockables, you're judged based on style rather than speed/damage. Doing things like button mashing, throwing, or taking cheap hits is considered bad by this system. In theory you could perfect every round in arcade mode and still not get it since the requirements are weird and pretty strict.

And even when you do meet the unlock criteria, you can't buy him from the shop until you've bought the extra versions of every other character in the game, meaning you also need to beat arcade mode with everyone and grind points to buy them all.

It really is a fun game though, possibly my favorite DC game. Definitely give it a shot if you like Capcom fighters.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:
beanboy wrote:

Yep, it took me a long time to unlock Akuma, the final character. The game itself isn't too hard, but for unlockables, you're judged based on style rather than speed/damage. Doing things like button mashing, throwing, or taking cheap hits is considered bad by this system. In theory you could perfect every round in arcade mode and still not get it since the requirements are weird and pretty strict.

And even when you do meet the unlock criteria, you can't buy him from the shop until you've bought the extra versions of every other character in the game, meaning you also need to beat arcade mode with everyone and grind points to buy them all.

It really is a fun game though, possibly my favorite DC game. Definitely give it a shot if you like Capcom fighters.

Wow! Thanks for that info.
I will definitely check out this game again, since I planned on doing so, for a while now. :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Know what? I'm going to check out, both the CvS1 games, and CvS2 again soon.
It's been long overdue. Hopefully, I don't get my tail kicked too bad by the AI. Because my skills in those games, must be rusty by now. :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Hey dudes. As part of his Terry Bogard legacy, Max recently posted a vid, of him playing the dreamcast version, of CvS1 Pro. Enjoy! :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Okay. I bought some EX characters, got Evil Ryu, will buy Evil Iori soon, unlocked some stages, and bought some more cool stuff. Despite having 4 buttons, this game is really nice. It's been so long since I last played this game. And the backgrounds are amazing, especially the sunset golden buddha stage. That Terry Train stage, with the big rocky mountains, in the background is cool. And I will admit, that fancy restaurant stage with the giant golden dragon, looks cool too.