JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and VGA.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: JoJo's Bizzare Adventure and VGA.

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 pm

mazonemayu wrote:jojo is one of the few games that doesn't work in vga, nor can it be tricked or patched

For some reason i see that some people report that it does work in VGA. Could it be that a lot of people have incompatible VGA boxes or monitors that do not like how JoJo outputs the signal. I do know that some boxes can trick the game/system into thinking that a VGA box is not connected, i think this is what mine does which is why i can get it into the game, but the monitor does not like the output). i looked around and my VGA box looks identical to the Dragoncast VGA adapter but doesnt have a label on it (bought it from lik-sang). I use to own and use a old VGA monitor that supported screen res below 640x480 (640x480 was its max), maybe that monitor could have worked with what jojo was displaying. Because when i see the output on my screen from jojo it reminds me of when you try to use a screen res thats unsupported by the monitor.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Doubt it. I've tested Jojo on a variety of screens with the same results. Try'd it on a 46 toshiba Plasma all the way down to a modest 14 inch lcd monitor that does no higher than 640x480. I have tried it using a, which I believe is a Blaze VGA cord (no composite or S video). If it's a VGA device issue, I have an Official Sega VGA box to test this theory and put it to rest (although I need to go to my brothers house over weekend and pick it up). In the end though, I just think it doesn't support VGA and it just provides a result that isn't common with other games that also don't support VGA. If I remember correctly, Psychic Froce 2012, when forced to go thru VGA will result in no visuals but sound is heard...
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#13 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I just bought a Japanese copy on ebay, then realized it wasn't the matching one I needed to use it on my VGA =(

Anyone know if the Japanese regular edition does vga? or only Matching? I think I screwed myself...

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:24 am

Vampyre Mike wrote:I just bought a Japanese copy on ebay, then realized it wasn't the matching one I needed to use it on my VGA =(
Anyone know if the Japanese regular edition does vga? or only Matching? I think I screwed myself...

Unfortunately it sounds like you did. Original standard release of jojo in Japan (and even US for that matter) isn't vga friendly.

All hope is not lost though as our resident RDC community released a great quality FMS version for you to download and enjoy in high quality VGA. Or if you insist on having an orginal GDrom release of the game that is indeed VGA compatible, I believe DCgaga's respective online import shop may have in stock for purchase ;)
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news