DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Re: DC-Talk Game Servers Status

Post#41 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:45 am

The server will be down next week starting Wednesday night possibly through to the end of the week. The primary OS drive is failing so it's going to be switched out for a new, more reliable (and faster) ssd. It will get a newer version of freebsd and all the software updated since it will be a new install.

SMiTH wrote:I tried modding max pool iso for autoconnect to pauth.
I wonder why it will not work with autoconnect, and only works with vmu save files.

Im not sure. I was wondering the same thing. It would be nice if we didnt have to update ip addresses in the vmu save.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#42 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:02 am

UPDATE: The quake 3 master server, both q3 servers, our pso ship server, max pool server, and quake 3 stats and server list pages are back online. If you experience any issues connecting to these games let me know. I'm still in the process of getting the rest of the stuff back up.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#43 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Everything should be back up now. The server is now running FreeBSD 9.1 on the new ssd. Again, if there are any problems let me know. If you have any technical issues related to planet ring please submit them to the planet ring bug report thread.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#44 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 am

The ip address of the server just changed to 96.253.36.43. If you are using our DNS server to connect to games please change it to that. Also, the Max Pool save now needs to be updated; I will do that this week sometime. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#45 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:26 am

The game server's ip address is now 100.40.25.69. Please update your settings if you're using our DNS server.
Regards,
brourke228

Artw0rk
noob

Post#46 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 am

brourke228 wrote:The game server's ip address is now 100.40.25.69. Please update your settings if you're using our DNS server.

Hi Guys

I have test in the last Days the 100.40.25.69 but the ip will not work, the Server will not list any Server on Quake 3.

Is the Server down or works?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#47 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 pm

It should be working. I just checked and our Q3 master server is running and master.quake3arena.com is resolving correctly to our server using our DNS. The issue is likely on your end. Where have you set the DNS? If you set it on Dreamcast itself and it's not working try setting on the PC you're dialing through if you're using a PC-DC, or on netopia router if you're using netopia setup. I think with BBA it is better about following your DNS entries, but I could be wrong. If you're using regular dial up with a landline and it's ignoring your DNS on DC you can alternatively use the auto-connect disc we have here to connect: viewtopic.php?p=3754#p3754

EDIT: Apparently the power was in and out earlier today it could be you were trying to connect while the network was down on the server earlier.
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#48 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Doing a server backup right now so stuff may be going slow this afternoon.
Regards,
brourke228

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#49 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:04 pm

It seems that connecting to 4x4 EVO is an issue. I can connect online to 4x4 EVO, but when I select the DC-Talk server, I cannot connect. Also, for the first time, the Lewisville, TX server is not allowing me to join there as well.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#50 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:53 pm

I just restarted the chatserver check if you are still having trouble connecting. I can't test it myself right now because I left my DC at my apt; I won't be back there for another week.
Regards,
brourke228