Dreamcast game sales figures

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Re: Dreamcast game sales figures

Post#11 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 am

Wow, some really pathetic numbers there. Could you imagine a store released game failing to shift under 10,000 units these days!

I would love to find a European sales chart to compare games like Sega Rally 2, Shenmue, Virtua Striker and even, Who wants to be a millionaire as I am sure they did much better of there *maybe*.

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#12 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Dreamcastgaga wrote:Wow, some really pathetic numbers there. Could you imagine a store released game failing to shift under 10,000 units these days!

Absolutely. I find it fascinating that certain games, such as Ooga Booga, sold so poorly. I guess that explains why sealed copies of games like those are so common: it must be the leftover stock from back in the day.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Alec1382 wrote:
Dreamcastgaga wrote:Wow, some really pathetic numbers there. Could you imagine a store released game failing to shift under 10,000 units these days!

Absolutely. I find it fascinating that certain games, such as Ooga Booga, sold so poorly. I guess that explains why sealed copies of games like those are so common: it must be the leftover stock from back in the day.

That's def the case for many US titles on the Dreamcast. There is plenty of old New stock lying around.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#14 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 am

That's piracy for you. just look at sonic adventure 2. really sad.