Dreamcast serial Number question

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

jeepattack89
shadow

Re: Dreamcast serial Number question

Post#21 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 am

I have tried again and again to file, I just gave up! I could give paypal a call and see what they say. Your right what difference does it matter if he is on ebay or not?
Last edited by jeepattack89 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 am

jeepattack89 wrote:I have tried again and again to file, I gave up!

I'm almost tempted to ask you to PM me your email address and password and try it myself. But I take it you don't trust me enough to do that?...

You could just change your password afterwards... :mrgreen:
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

jeepattack89
shadow

Post#23 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 am

WHOOO HOOOO I did it. I followed your instructions and this time it worked. Not sure how but it worked. The odd thing is after I filed I was redirected back to ebay and I got the "this seller is no longer a registered user" But I went back to paypal and on resolution center my case is there! Now I will see what happens boy is he going to be pissed!

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#24 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 am

jeepattack89 wrote:WHOOO HOOOO I did it. I followed your instructions and this time it worked. Not sure how but it worked. The odd thing is after I filed I was redirected back to ebay and I got the "this seller is no longer a registered user" But I went back to paypal and on resolution center my case is there! Now I will see what happens boy is he going to be pissed!

Fuckin' A man... :D

Keep us posted...

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#25 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 am

Good luck! Hopefully, that guy will lose his money, Dreamcast, and account. And then, the community will be that much better. You'll have done a good thing. :P

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#26 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 am

Alec1382 wrote:Good luck! Hopefully, that guy will lose his money, Dreamcast, and account. And then, the community will be that much better. You'll have done a good thing. :P

Most likely you will have to send it back. Last week I had to send that pink Hello Kitty Dreamcast back too even though it was yellowed and froze like once every 30 minutes and the seller described it as mint. Only way you will get your money back. Unless you asked for a partial refund. Then that's a possiblity too...

We had a similar conversation here just a little while ago...

Oh, and don't forget to escalate the dispute to a claim in time. It's easy to lose track of time with these things...

jeepattack89
shadow

Post#27 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 am

I will keep you guys posted

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#28 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:14 am

I asked him why there was a NBA 2k game in the box instead of generator demo disk and he said "This dreamcast was a sports edition dreamcast only offered by circut city" I forgot to ask about the phone cord missing. I only know of one sports edition dreamcast and it was black not white like this one lol. So the smashpack is a model 2? I wonder if the real sports edition black Dreamcast is a model 2 also? I was interested in both too.

WTF!? Are shitting me? That's what he said!? o_O
First off, if the console was in fact a sega sports bundle edition (oh and btw, there is a sports bundle pack for both black and White console variantions!) The entire box should have been encased in a outer box sleeve (regardless which sports bundle we talkin' here). Second, check the disc, if the disc art does not read "NOT FOR RESALE" then that disc had no business being in that package (and if does the game was still packed in with its respective CD jewel case, not some fucking paper sleeve!)
Third, both console sports bundles came pack with more than one game so you are still missing on what he is claiming as a new product!
Dude, you need to teach this individual a lesson. I'm more than convinced this guy is full of shit!

No, every black sega sports DC model is of the rev1 variety (this includes the white bundle as well). The Smashpack is a different story because it was the final US console bundle and it was done near the end of the console retail run.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

jeepattack89
shadow

Post#29 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am

He responded to the case almost instantly. I escalated the case and within a few hrs the case was decided in my favor and I was issued a courtesy refund and I don't have to return the item. To say he is pissed is a understatement he sent me 2 hate mails by private message so I blocked him. So I get the Dreamcast for free! I was willing to return it but in the case it said I do not need to return the item and I don't need to do anything else. So this baby is all mine.

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#30 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:14 am

Well done, and congratulations! I can't imagine what the hate mail could have possibly consisted of, since he knew damn well he was scamming you. What a scumbag.