Need some help with Boot Dreams

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Need some help with Boot Dreams

Post#1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:23 am

I've been trying to build a cdi image with Boot Dreams but no matter what I do it doesnt seem to boot. I'm using v1.06c. I am able to create a disc image without any problems but once I burn it to disc it just doesnt work. Dreamcast will get to the SEGA screen after the dreamcast swirl then it just goes back to DC bios. I have tried both audio/data and data/data but they both seem to have the same result. I have also tried using 700MB dummy file, but that also has the same result. I know from what I've read around the internet that I shouldn't scramble the .bin file if it is a KATANA or WinCE game, but other than that I'm not sure what the issue is here. I have even tried the "CDRecord" mode but when I put the disc in Dreamcast it still doesn't boot the game. Has anyone used this program successfully ? Basically I'm just trying to build a bootable .cdi file from the extracted files of a game.
Regards,
brourke228

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Need some help with Boot Dreams

Post#2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:35 am

I know from what I've read around the internet that I shouldn't scramble the .bin file if it is a KATANA or WinCE game, but other than that I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The issue is Boot Dreams doesnt suit for Katana/WinCE games, it's for homebrew.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#3 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh I didnt know. So how do other people build cdi images for games then, is there some other software i can use?
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#4 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Nvm. I figured this out. It wasn't booting because I had to use binhack first before i created the image with bootdreams.
Regards,
brourke228