PSO DC-Talk Server Connection guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Impulse
Admin

Re: PSO DC-Talk Server Connection guide

Post#11 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Your welcome, i'm glad you're finally online :) .

Hmm personally I've never used our pso disc for dial up. I'm on bba. But my past experience with using PAL pso on dial up required me to use Dream Key to configure my isp. I don't think pal pso detects your settings if you use planetweb to configure. What browser did you use?

I'm pretty sure XDP browser has dream key in it, so download that and give it a shot: http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/pso/x ... dition.rar

Then again, I may be completely wrong, can someone else lend a hand?
-Impulse

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#12 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:25 pm

I believe Smith knows about the dial-up.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#13 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Impulse wrote:Hmm personally I've never used our pso disc for dial up. I'm on bba. But my past experience with using PAL pso on dial up required me to use Dream Key to configure my isp. I don't think pal pso detects your settings if you use planetweb to configure. What browser did you use?
planet web should be fine, i have used 2.0 and 3.0. hell quake should have worked for configuring his settings.

Impulse wrote:I'm pretty sure XDP browser has dream key in it, so download that and give it a shot: http://dreamcast-talk.com/uploads/pso/x ... dition.rar

Then again, I may be completely wrong, can someone else lend a hand?
yes XDP uses dreamkey.

max4242
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:05 pm

Im gonna burn XDP and configure it with that and try

I quake 3 did configure the settings, but XDP didnt work it wouldnt dial, So i put quake 3 back in with the same settings and it worked. Seems my dial up only likes quake 3 i dont know what it is
Pso- max (schthack)
4x4- max4242
Quake 3 - maxkill42
Starlancer - maxkill

PM any time you want to play!

max4242
dirty sailor

Post#15 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:00 am

im pretty sure that it is already written to the dreamcast memory, the only game that can connect to the internet is quake 3, Every version of pso and any web browser doesnt want to take the settings, its really wierd......
Pso- max (schthack)
4x4- max4242
Quake 3 - maxkill42
Starlancer - maxkill

PM any time you want to play!

Impulse
Admin

Post#16 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:58 pm

The way the Dreamcast internal memory works is beyond me. I've ran into these problems before. You should give the internet setting adjuster a try.
-Impulse

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#17 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:16 pm

i have a small note to add. with my connection i had issues connecting to quake 3. this was caused by my DNS numbers. in my case it was having them set to anything but 0.0.0.0.

so here is what i suggest you try. put quake 3 into your Dreamcast. go to internet game. at the top you should see DIAL ACCOUNT 1. this is just above user name. go to it and move it over to DIAL ACCOUNT 2. here you can set up a 2nt isp. make everything the same as the 1st one except the DNS. make it all 0's. when you try to connect to PSO make sure you pick isp #2 before connecting. if you already have the 1st account set to 0's then i am not sure what it could be.

while you are in quake 3's settings go to the bottom and look at the SUMMARY DIAL: (READ-ONLY) field. make sure you are not dialing your area code twice. or have any extra information being dialed. one time i had put my area code in the LOCAL AREA CODE field and in the PHONE NUMBER field. so my Dreamcast dialed the area code 2 times. making it look something like this 1-555-555-123-4567. note that the long distance prefix is in that too. witch was not needed as well. it should have looked like this 123-4567. i did not need to dial my area code to connect.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#18 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Smith/All,

Blutenleise did PM me today with a nice response to our community. He did say we are very welcome.

He wishes us a happy new year at DC-Talk as well as I do!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

sonic_shuffle
rebel

Post#19 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:37 am

I'm desperately trying to get PSO to work - I've never played it.

a) Planet Web 3 works fine and I can surf the internet on my DC perfectly.

b) Quake 3 seems to get as far as connecting to a server (I haven't tried to connect to a real one yet)

c) PSO says connection attempt failed. It also says my BBA is not set up, yet I can access the internet with my DC using planet web... I am using the BBA and the Euro version obviously only has dial up information. Any help here guys?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#20 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:46 am

If you have the PSOv1 PAL/E, then it is not BBA friendly. I suggest using DC-Talk PSO ISO (download and burn). There will be nothing to do, you just load the disc and you're in.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3D5ZQ45J
Regards,
Bob Dobbs