New games: Redux: Dark Matters and DUX 1.5

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: New games: Redux: Dark Matters and DUX 1.5

Post#11 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:58 pm

it was mentioned by some followers on the games Facebook page and a reply was given. When and if the funds reach 25k, they will begin that process.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#12 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:20 pm

CD AGES wrote:it was mentioned by some followers on the games Facebook page and a reply was given. When and if the funds reach 25k, they will begin that process.

Thanks, just read it...

Sorry if I sound so harsh about the game, but I still remember how the first DUX was handled, and it was a mess. The aftermath wasn't much better...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:31 pm

No biggie it cool. Hopefully, all will be forgiven amongst everyone if KTS and Hellwig(s) go about their word.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#14 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 am

elmagicochrisg wrote:Looks like Redux has different backgrounds to make things less confusing. From what I remember playing, the first 2 levels look pretty much the same as the original, and again there are 6 stages. So I guess it's a graphically improved version with maybe new music and new weapons...

I fear you're right. I would've hoped for more levels and different enemies (or at least new bosses).

elmagicochrisg wrote:I wouldn't call it an improved version, just fixed. DUX 1.5 is what DUX should've been all along...

Right you are. I read that some balancing issues will also be taken care of though, that is an improvement to me.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#15 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 pm

I've pledged, I didn't really mind Dux to be honest, the package as a whole was nice I think.

My only problem here is, are we pledging so these guys can effectively move away from Dreamcast development or will we continue to see them make games for DC as well as the obvious XBLA, PSN, iOS jazz ?

Not a real big deal is the cover art too.... I hope they follow the route of Dux's clean and precise cover design, also I don't get why they didn't use the Hucast name rather than ReduxGame which lets face facts, is rather lame and 'homebrew' surely you wouldn't call your development house after the game you're making?
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#16 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:My only problem here is, are we pledging so these guys can effectively move away from Dreamcast development or will we continue to see them make games for DC as well as the obvious XBLA, PSN, iOS jazz ?

Interesting you mention that...

Read this: Racketboy Redux thread
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#17 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:My only problem here is, are we pledging so these guys can effectively move away from Dreamcast development or will we continue to see them make games for DC as well as the obvious XBLA, PSN, iOS jazz ?

I think you don't have to be Nostradamus to realise that Dreamcast-exclusive-games will be rarer and rarer. You can't blame the developers if more money is earned on other plattforms. I'm always happy when there is a Dreamcast port. I'm happy to see GunLord and ReDux, even if they are fall-outs. Of course I prefer Dreamcast exclusives like STURMWIND, but it seems to be rather difficult to be successful on Dreamcast only. Just take a look at R4 and how long it took to sell all the copies (aren't there in fact LEs left at RSG?). I mean, honestly, EVEN A WiiWare release seems to be more promising than a Dreamcast-Remake.
All we can do to ensure that there will be more games for Dreamcast is to BUY them. And if the only way to show my DC-love is kickstarter, I'll pledge there.
Just imagine the $ 25,000 goal will not be reached (i'm sure it will). Would THAT be a good signal for Dreamcast devs? No. It is the loyality of DC fans only what makes this project possible. And I think that's an impressive signal.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#18 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:46 pm

They will easily hit 25k I think.... I'll happily pay for more Dreamcast games this way. It's a far more cost effective way to do it, those who pay upfront (per order in a sense) get a copy and none go to waste like sadly GOAT's releases did :(

These guys need a Kickstarter I think

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isotope- ... 3863419077

Yeah I know that Dreamcast games won't get released if they don't sell, obviously. I think moving forward, Kickstarters are really the only way to go, I meant that I hope the company don't to a U-turn after they get the funding and don't release games for DC after this one even though we are the community that is funding this.c

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#19 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:I meant that I hope the company don't to a U-turn after they get the funding and don't release games for DC after this one even though we are the community that is funding this.c

Understood. I hope so too. All we can do is to show our support. If they then turn their back on Dreamcast, well, f*ck them :D

Edit: I would pledge for SCOURGE instantly. So would I for AotB DC.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#20 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Agreed! I've personally bought all of the independant games that have come out for Dreamcast except Frog Feast which for some reason I can't find ANYWHERE!

I feel Irides was a seriously under rated title considering it tried to buck the shoot-em-up trend, also Yuan Works should consider similar action to get Little Ninja sorted out - that title looked awesome.

On a side note, what ever happened to Alice Dreams & Drill? Did neither get passed the demo stage?

Long live 128 Bit gaming, Sega style.