jalvarez82's Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: My Dreamcast Collection (..so far)

Post#11 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:15 pm

dark wrote: I get desensitized to collections because I look at Mayus or someone else's and think that a 50+ game collection is not that big

but then again , how many times have you come across such vast collections so from my own pov I'm not your average "collector" since I only focus on one thing.

completist nazis like myself are still fairly uncommon in collectorsland (and I don't mean that as a showoff, but as a hard fact), as most folks only want to spend their money on "good" games; most folks just buy the popular games for a console & thats it. its also a very expensive hobby & lets not forget I'm prolly about 10 years older than most folks here so I'm supposed to make a bit more as well ;)

also lets not forget that I don't own a current gen console nor do I own a car, so I can spend every euro (well, almost; I'm also a heavy drinker :lol: :lol: ) I make on a single console. most retro guys have 4 to 6 consoles to spend their money (I also have a saturn, NGPC & DS, but I hardly ever buy anything for those anymore, so they really don't count) on so their collection just grows a bit slower & they're usually a bit more selective what they buy ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Yeah there is nothing wrong with your collection Mayu. You don't have to justify a collection like yours to me ;) It's just that when I look at collections at enthusiast websites like dctalk or assembler, the average users of these forums who post pictures of their collections are more of the completitionist folk imo. Yours, DCultrapro's, neohound's, Adam Koralik's - these are all collections that have well over 50 games.

For the record - I also don't have a next gen console, and my gaming dollar goes entirely towards buying DC games and items these days too. I just try to keep myself on a strict $150-$200/year budget so I'm more focused on picking up certain specific games than completing a set right now.

I'll post pictures of my collection next month, when I'm reunited with the 3/4s of it that I've left at my parents house for the last 10 years :)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#13 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:26 pm

dark wrote:
I'll post pictures of my collection next month, when I'm reunited with the 3/4s of it that I've left at my parents house for the last 10 years :)

can't wait 8-) 8-)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#14 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:51 pm

dark wrote:Nice collection. A lot of quality titles there. I get desensitized to collections because I look at Mayus or someone else's and think that a 50+ game collection is not that big ;)
Even if yours is not 200 games, you have a high percentage of the high quality, rare, and desirable releases. It's more an expression of your tastes and that's always cool in looking at someone's collection.

Thanks, bro. I really kept track of the DC well after it's death here in the U.S., and focused mainly on the titles that I knew would become rare and expensive in the future.

Another thing I should mention.. When the PS2 was on the verge on being released, I chose to go out and start collecting DC games just for the love I had for the console. I wasn't a huge PlayStation fan, so I didn't get into all of the PS2 hype. This made it easy for me to find and buy the more rare titles for cheap at the time because damn near everyone was trading in their DC stuff for credit towards a PS2. So I took advantage. :)

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#15 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Check out my new pics, fellas. 8-)

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Nice dreamcast shelf. If you had the extra space or an extra shelf to stick in there, I'd let half the games go to a second shelf so you could take them out easier :) (since they are all stacked on top of each other)

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#17 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:41 pm

I know. I think im gonna do that. Theyre packed in there pretty snug! lol

pressure
Anarki

Post#18 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:57 am

Great collection! What gems you have there!!! Great Shoot em up pieces! And that....Border Down :shock:

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#19 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks, man! 8-)

I've been tempted to unseal it ever since I sold my other copy a few months ago. I have a backup that I can play, but it still isn't the REAL THING. ;)

pressure
Anarki

Post#20 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 am

yeah i can imagine, i feel the same for my sealed soulcalibur (even though it's not rare or hard to find)