CD-R 99min CD-R's HOW TO

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Barrys_Bapz
killer

CD-R 99min CD-R's HOW TO

Post#1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:27 pm

I just wanted to make this post because there is not much that I know about the 99min CD-R, but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way so hopefully through this topic everyone who is on the same boat as me will be able to burn bigger and badder games on the ancient fossil that is the Dreamcast.

I have been trying to get myself a packet of these discs for years generally whenever the topic ever arises, I got some from Italy on eBay and the guy would not contact me or replay typical eBay nightmare shit, so I've been put off this topic for a while but tonight I've got myself some from a UK seller should be awesome 25 packet.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400288042876? ... 1269wt_912

Best burn settings for DC games?

Software program?

From this forum post it seems like the the 99min CD-R could be problematic for some disc burners or burning applications, the nightmare is we have plenty of blank useless discs lying about as expensive drink coasters/frisbees.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=19741

Pluses and Negatives it would be lovely to know, I can't wait to play Shenmue II on the Dreamcast for some reason I never felt like I was being true to myself when playing it on the original Xbox, something about that camera on the right-hand side of the screen really annoyed me.

if there is any other hidden gems on the open highway of Dreamcast classics and let me know.
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Re: CD-R 99min CD-R's HOW TO

Post#2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Maybe you can just overburn those 99 min discs?...

But another question you should ask yourself is this:

"What games are so big they actually require a 99 min disc?"

EDIT Nevermind the overburning. Just read your link... :|
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#3 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 pm

On Shenmue DoJo you can download the full English version of the game I have the 80min version that only has English in the cut scenes it's really awesome and to have the full experience I think it's going to be worth it.

Link;
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 37&t=40768

something I've noticed is the links look pretty old so if there is an easy place to get this massive game faster it would be great to know.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#4 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Try the Iso Zone... ;)
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#5 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 pm

It's pretty good website I'm a big fan of anywhere that supports my team.

on the picture above the guy is trying to to burn the Nomad Soul it's just I'm looking for other people who have had experience burning these discs they are quite rare and expensive.

any advice would be totally awesome dudes.

Been rocking this bad-boy.

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#6 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Get em' today.

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 pm

"Despite the foregoing, most CD-Rs on the market have an 80 minute capacity. There are also 90 minute/790 MB and 99 minute/870 MB discs, although they are less common (and depart from the Orange Book standard outright). Also, due to the limitations of the data structures in the ATIP (see below), 90 and 99 minute blanks will identify as 80 minute ones. (As the ATIP is part of the Orange Book standard, it is natural that its design does not support some nonstandard disc configurations.) Therefore, in order to use the additional capacity, these discs have to be burned using "overburn" options in the CD recording software. (Overburning itself is so named because it is outside the written standards, but, due to market demand, it has nonetheless become a de facto standard function in most CD writing drives and software for them.)"

Thanks
Wiki

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#8 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 am

90/99/100 Minute CDR's Request List
by atreyu187 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 am

This is what I could find combing through by sheer file size, all games are 100% there nothing ripped or downsampled and all CDDA is fully working on each release and burn tested by me using "Banna Break 32X CDR's" using IMGBurn at 16x in a rev0,rev0 (J),rev2 Dreamcast with no problems. If you see something you like and must have shoot me a message and I will add it as soon as I can. Disc in the ink above are $31 USD for a 50pk and you have plenty to choose from and I am always making more but there are over 50 disc there as it is now.

Japanese Games

Baldr Force Exe 99MIN
Biohazard Code Veronica Complete (AKA cv:x ON The PS2) 99min 2 disc
Chocolate Maid Cafe Curio 99min
D2 100min 4 Disc
Eternal Arcadia 99min 4 Disc
Eve Zero 99min 2 Disc
Fushigi Dungeon Furai No Shiren Gaiden Onnakenshi Asuka Kenzan 99min
Interlude 99min & 100min
Izumo 99min
Kaitou Apricot 99min
Moekko Company 99min
Orange Pocket 99min
Pia Carrot II Youoso 99min
Pizzicato Polka 99min
Room Mania # 203 99min (2 versions)
Sega GT Homologation Edition 99min
Sentimental Graffiti 2 99min 2 disc
Sister Princess 99min
Sorcerian Apprentice of Seven Star Magic 90min
Super Runabout 99min

PAL

Alone in the Dark 99min 2 disc
Buggy Heat 90min
Dragonriders - Chronicles of Pern 99min
Jet Set Radio 99min (two versions)
Resident Evil 2 99min 2 disc
Shenmue II 99min (three versions, one English mod and two complete)
V-Rally II 99min
Vigilante 8 - 2nd Offense 90min
Wacky Races 90min

USA Games

Alone in the Dark The New Nightmare 99min 2 disc
Armada 99min
Carrier 99min
D2 99min 4 disc
Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future 90min
Expendable 99min
Flag to Flag 99min
Metropolis Street Racer 99min