32x opinions/suggestions

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: 32x opinions/suggestions

Post#41 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:09 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:nah I'm not willing to spend Kolibri money! That goes for £200+!! I am tempted to find the carts of Space Harrier and After Burner but I can't seem to find them lately

Metal Head is garbage. Trust me, its terrible. If you want a 32X game that's at least worth collecting, do the smart thing and invest in Kolibri.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#42 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm

never in a million years mate, sorry I can't justify the cost of a game like that, we were talking about Kolibri earlier and I would be interested in playing it but only if I found it on a miracle offer
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

MrSega

Post#43 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:never in a million years mate, sorry I can't justify the cost of a game like that, we were talking about Kolibri earlier and I would be interested in playing it but only if I found it on a miracle offer

I take it PAL Mega 32X carts are just unjustifiably expensive. That's because 32X was an EVEN bigger failure in Europe then it was in America.

Oh well, there's always the Model 1 Virtua Fighter port. It's pretty cheap and easy to find.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#44 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm really only looking at Knuckles Chaotix as a possible expensive purchase for it, anything else I will just buy the carts on their own, I got Cosmic Carnage for about £8!! I'm just really annoyed that my cable hasn't arrived yet, I was really hoping to be playing it and capturing videos from it by now

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#45 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 am

just thought I'd let you all know that my 32x av cable FINALLY arrived today!! So I will be able to play my 32x again

I am brainstorming! lets see if I can get this all down on paper...

The problem:

unable to capture video from 32x/genesis/mega-cd/master system as when I send the picture to USB it comes through distorted as if it is being effected by static or on the wrong frequency.

attempted solutions:

buy RCA av cables,
send the picture to my upscaling dvd/vcr player/recorder via RCA cables
send the picture from the vcr/dvd recorder to my usb capture device

My devious/evil master plan is that the dvd player will cut out any interference and the output from it to my pc will simply come through as normal!

Its a heck of a lot to go through to be able to capture from my older consoles but realistically I can't see any other, more cost effective way, of doing it

let me know what you guys think

D3P0
noob

Post#46 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 am

Afterburner for the 32x is one of my absolute favorite games of all time. just got my 32x about half a year ago with a copy of afterburner and me and my roomates have been competing for high scores. unfortunately the save battery is dead on mine so the scores disappear when i turn off the game. to solve this problem we put up a small dry erase board to keep up with our high scores, ha ha.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#47 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:27 am

nice! I do want a few more games for the system but the main ones are just far too expensive. I would love to have:

Knuckles Chaotix
T-Mek
Shadow Squadron
Supreme Warrior
After Burner
Space Harrier

I guess I'll have to settle for an emulator at the moment! I started using one last night and it was pretty excellent, really easy to use as well and I got roms for all of the above, its just not the same as having the cartridge though :(

D3P0
noob

Post#48 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 am

I've got Afterburner, Mortal Kombat II, Shadow Squadron, Doom and Space Harrier. I'd skip getting shadow squadron. nothing i'd write home about. it isnt particularly bad, but after you finish a round of Space Harrier and Afterburner it's pretty hard to enjoy.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 am

yeah I wouldn't mind getting After Burner as I know its meant to be pretty good but I've played Space Harrier on the Master System and I like it for a bit of fun but I won't be able to justify spending the money people are asking on it!! Especially as I've got the original on MD.

does anyone know if you can get T-Mek anywhere and if the NTSC version works on pal 32x??

Also have you or any of the other guys tried to capture from the 32x?? I was having lots of problems but eventually got round them so if anyone wants tips let me know

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#50 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 am

DCUltrapro wrote:I guess I'll have to settle for an emulator at the moment! I started using one last night and it was pretty excellent, really easy to use as well and I got roms for all of the above, its just not the same as having the cartridge though :(

I told you, buy a flash cart. At least that way you'll be able to play them on original hardware...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)