Virtua Striker 2

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: Virtua Striker 2

1. Sucks
11%
2. Could suck worse
No votes
3. Less fun than mowing the lawn
No votes
4. More fun than mowing the lawn
11%
5. Meh
No votes
6. I guess its ok
No votes
7. Pretty cool
11%
8. Good game
22%
9. Great game
22%
10. GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL
22%
Total votes: 9

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Virtua Striker 2

Post#1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to get a poll going for Virtua Striker 2. I played this game for about 20 minutes a few months back and hated it. What I failed to realize (after getting sucked into it for hours today) is that despite seeming simple this game actually has a lot of depth and takes a lot of skill which is why I love Sega arcade games. Once you get over the learning curve the rush you get from scoring a goal is top notch. It has some minor flaws here and there and it doesn't look all that hot IMO but I've really grown to love the game and hope more people give it a chance if they haven't already or like in my case are tempted to give it a second chance :D
Score: 9

Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: Virtua Striker 2

Post#2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Oh dear Brian. You speak a lot of sense usually..........but on this occasion ? NOOOOO !!!!!!!

In the UK, those rock bands that don't sell more than a few copies of their terrible latest album always end up saying "But we're big in Japan !" lol Well Virtua Striker was big in Japan ;)

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

haha you aren't a fan? I hated it at first but for some reason I just couldn't get enough on my second pick up! I actually had the same thing happen to me with Metro 2033 which I now love so much I'm replaying on Ranger Hardcore mode (Impossible).

Neohound
Gold Lion

Virtua Striker 2

Post#4 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Not a huge fan no, although I was probably being a bit harsh as it's not the worst soccer game on Dreamcast. But There's just so much wrong with the game.....I can't ignore it's failings. I think Euro Edition and Dream Soccer are just about the best footie games on DC but I suppose I've been spoilt over the years having played ISS, Pro Evo/winning Eleven (and various versions of FIFA) on a variety of consoles.

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#5 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Hmmmm I'll have to check the other DC soccer games out! I think the reason I like this one so much is its simplicity. I've played some FIFA's over the past couple of years and while they are pretty good my first and favorite soccer game was FIFA 2004 on the GBA. The simplicity of it was just incredible but there was also depth and a lot to learn and I probably racked up a hundred+ hours on that game. This game evokes a lot of the same feelings. It started out insanely hard and the only thing that has changed to make me a better player is my use of strategy and thought when making moves and plays. I found that pretty cool and a bit different from your average FIFA game even though I could easily see why someone would dislike this game and look for more out of a soccer game.