BBA Circuitry?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

uglybuddy6
lithium

BBA Circuitry?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry i didn't know where else to put this, but if someone would be so kind to open up there BBA and take a few high quality pictures of the circuitry i think it would not only benefit me but the rest of the dreamcast community

Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: BBA Circuitry?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:22 pm

I had a page saved of a DIY BBA which included lots of info and schematics etc......but unfortunately it just comes up with a '404' now :(

uglybuddy6
lithium

Post#3 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Neohound wrote:I had a page saved of a DIY BBA which included lots of info and schematics etc......but unfortunately it just comes up with a '404' now :(

oh you mean this one http://jj1odm.qp.land.to/g2bus.php i don't think it has the offical sega schematics

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#4 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:49 pm

uglybuddy6 wrote:
Neohound wrote:I had a page saved of a DIY BBA which included lots of info and schematics etc......but unfortunately it just comes up with a '404' now :(

oh you mean this one http://jj1odm.qp.land.to/g2bus.php i don't think it has the offical sega schematics

Frankly, I think it's easier to work for a few hours and then just buy the damned thing than to try and reverse engineer it...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

uglybuddy6
lithium

Post#5 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:07 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
uglybuddy6 wrote:

Frankly, I think it's easier to work for a few hours and then just buy the damned thing than to try and reverse engineer it...

I know i certainly wouldn't wanna put $150+ dollars into something that i could make for say $20. If i did buy would it be worth it for just say a few games it works for? If we can find a way to make it for cheap would could produce them and have a bigger dreamcast online community.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#6 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:24 pm

uglybuddy6 wrote:I know i certainly wouldn't wanna put $150+ dollars into something that i could make for say $20. If i did buy would it be worth it for just say a few games it works for? If we can find a way to make it for cheap would could produce them and have a bigger dreamcast online community.

Maybe you are right. Let's hope someone is willing to open one up and post pictures then. And if so, lets hope pictures are enough to make the schematics. And if so, let's hope there's no chips in there that need extra programming...

A lot of let's hopes, but who knows... ^^

By the way, I finished the schematics for the official VS link cable a while ago...

* cough *

uglybuddy6
lithium

Post#7 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:Maybe you are right. Let's hope someone is willing to open one up and post pictures then. And if so, lets hope pictures are enough to make the schematics. And if so, let's hope there's no chips in there that need extra programming...

A lot of let's hopes, but who knows... ^^

By the way, I finished the schematics for the official VS link cable a while ago...

* cough *

If the pictures are of good enough quality it shouldn't be a problem if not it will still help just to see what is under the hood of the BBA. I know there is a Realtek 8139 chip but i don't think we know what else is on it.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:32 pm

It"s funny how you ignore the most important part of my post. Oh well... :lol:

uglybuddy6
lithium

Post#9 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:It"s funny how you ignore the most important part of my post. Oh well... :lol:

lol my idea any way was unlike this guy where his clone is built from completely alien to the dreamcast (except for the Realtek 8139 but that was still meant for a PC) so my idea is maybe to piggyback the Realtek 8139 LAN Adapter on a dial-up modem so the dreamcast will think it is official. Maybe a switch could be incorporated allowing switching between the dial-up and broadband.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#10 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Return to “Support”