New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Re: New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

Post#221 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

They better watch that man or they'll be like ps3 at its launch...

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#222 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:31 pm

only ther true fanboi lovers would buy it for that price at launch. the rest would stick to 360 till M$ pulls ther heads out ther ass and lowers the price with ther money hungry bs. next they'll raise the xbox live price. wonder how much it costs to get a controller if the one you have breaks.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

MrSega

Post#223 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:55 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:only ther true fanboi lovers would buy it for that price at launch. the rest would stick to 360 till M$ pulls ther heads out ther ass and lowers the price with ther money hungry bs. next they'll raise the xbox live price. wonder how much it costs to get a controller if the one you have breaks.

I guess this shows that the marketing for Vita just isn't working.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-spend ... ng-6350246

Makes me wonder if the US will be WORSE than the Japanese launch.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#224 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

both of them are making dumb mistakes. people are just gonna wait for a price drop on both. only a true fanboi that cant wait will buy it on the spot. i didn't find the psp interesting neither do i find this vita interesting. its a hassle to play and worry about expensive memory cards to continue. i don't care about playstation or xbox or nintendo in general so either way this goes.its whatever im just sick of these three stooges.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#225 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:55 pm

only things im looking forward on is aliens colonial marines and resident evil 6 racoon city.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#226 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 am

stu wrote:Getting this thread discussion back on topic after someone posted a stream of trademark crap in it.

Latest next gen Xbox rumors indicate that Microsoft are looking at imitating Nintendo by incorporating touchscreens in to the next Xbox's controllers. This report is from IndustryGamers.com

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox ... ---report/

Quote: "According to a report in Xbox World magazine, the next Xbox will have a touchscreen built into the controller, not unlike the Wii U. The shape of the controller is said to be more akin to the PS Vita rather than the Wii U's tablet controller.

According to the sources, the next Xbox "will be a matte-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect."

The one part of this report that is troubling to me is that it claims Microsoft are looking at setting a pricepoint of $600+. I would of thought Microsoft would have learned lessons from Sony's struggles when they launched the PS3 at $600.00.

Quote: "The report further states that Microsoft is “playing it safe” when it comes to the CPU and GPU, but other functions will change how you play. The price tag is also expected to be quite high, maybe even north of $600." :shock: :o

Good god, is everyone going to have a "599 US DOLLARS!" moment now?

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#227 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:18 am

Personally speaking, it would seem like Microsoft are having their "Sega Saturn/$600 Sony PS3" FAIL moment with the next Xbox system. The rumored high price and the rumor that Microsoft are going to block the use of 2nd hand games on the system will cause them to lose a lot of fans.

I like to have the option to buy games 2nd hand, either to save some money, or to have the opportunity to pick up older games that aren't in the shops anymore. If Microsoft closes that option off and Sony and Nintendo continue to allow the use of 2nd hand games then it will just drive Xbox owners over to the next gen Playstation and the Wii U imo.

I certainly won't buy a system that prevents me from playing 2nd hand games.

MrSega

Post#228 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 pm

None of stu's theory has any logic to it at all. Sony has no plans for a next gen Playstation at the moment & if the Xbox Loop is only slight more powerful than Wii U/University its price point won't be any different from Wii U's which is widly reported to be $450-600.

The execution of a tablet controller is NOT going to be cheap & I don't know why some people believe that.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#229 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 pm

MrSega wrote:None of stu's theory has any logic to it at all.

:lol: :lol: Says the the guy that believes Sega is about to release a new tablet AND a new game console. Ohh the irony!! :lol: :lol:

MrSega wrote:Sony has no plans for a next gen Playstation at the moment & if the Xbox Loop is only slight more powerful than Wii U/University its price point won't be any different from Wii U's which is widly reported to be $450-600.

The execution of a tablet controller is NOT going to be cheap & I don't know why some people believe that.

:roll: Back to posting the "Sony is Doomed ... Dooooomed I say!" FUD again huh? What EVER!

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post#230 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Technically speaking this isnt stu's theory...he's posting articles from reliable gaming press and giving opinions so u should aim that flawed logic comment at whatever site he cites for his information...