Sega Studios Australia Lays Off 37

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Sega Studios Australia Lays Off 37

Post#1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 pm

MrSega

Re: Sega Studios Australia Lays Off 37

Post#2 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:10 pm

craziestrufis wrote:http://www.tssznews.com/2012/02/07/sega-studios-australia-lays-off-37/ noooooooooooooo

Its so they can start doing digital only content in order to cut cost. More evidence that SEGA is moving its overseas multiplatform development studios to digital gaming development.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

MrSega wrote:
craziestrufis wrote:http://www.tssznews.com/2012/02/07/sega-studios-australia-lays-off-37/ noooooooooooooo

Its so they can start doing digital only content in order to cut cost. More evidence that SEGA is moving its overseas multiplatform development studios to digital gaming development.

o thats a good thing :mrgreen:

MrSega

Post#4 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

craziestrufis wrote:
MrSega wrote:

o thats a good thing :mrgreen:

Games cost too damn much to development now in days. SEGA is aware that without a platform of their own, they can't produce a blockbuster up against crap like Call of Duty.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:21 pm

that's all u see is bang bang shot om ups i get so sick and tried of it and mi cro slop is all a bout the money so is sony and nintendo we need Sega back btw i am playing on the dramcast dragon w 2 for the nes days :D

HowlingFear
fire

Post#6 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Games cost too damn much to development now in days. SEGA is aware that without a platform of their own, they can't produce a blockbuster up against crap like Call of Duty.

MrSega, could you be more specific on that ?
Would the development for their own console cost less and why ?

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#7 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:44 pm

craziestrufis wrote:That's all you see is bang bang shoot-em-ups. I get so sick and tired of it and Microsoft is all about the money, so is Sony and Nintendo. We need Sega back. Btw I'm playing on the dreamcast dragon w 2 for the nes days :D

They all do it for the money, even Sega. Only difference is that Sega used to be very very passionate about their games. Used to, but not anymore...

As for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. All 3 have some very good games. You just have to find them...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

MrSega

Post#8 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:46 pm

HowlingFear wrote:

MrSega, could you be more specific on that ?
Would the development for their own console cost less and why ?

In 1997 during the 32/64 bit era, the average budget for a Playstation game was estimated to be about $18 Million, for the Nintendo 64 & Saturn, it was slightly higher because both machines used a bit more capacity and had more memory power. This totalled $20.3 million.

By 2003, after Dreamcast the US game industry grew 50%. The budget for titled jumped due to new pratices of developing a game for multiplatform publishing & with Holywood now alligning themselves with major game studios offering bigger budgets, the average cost jumped to $25 million with the biggest being $50 million.

Since 2007 with the tech industry having grown into a competitive medium &
the new at the time game machines 360 & PS3 implementing PC hardware, development costs have skyrocketed 30%. The cost of a low budget title now stands at $50 million, higher budget range from $75 to over $100 million!

Most consoles use x86 configuration. This little diddy jacks up the preformance budget of Mircoproccessors and GPUs like Radeon are built with overpriced silicon & underpreforming graphics engine.

The solution to this that SEGA can take advantage of is simple: Instead of x86, go for ARM Mircoarctecture which is remotely inexpensive & go for a lesser known graphics maker like Imagination Tech.

ZachMorrisFGN
fire

Post#9 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:49 pm

I have hired these 37 individuals. 22 and 4/10ths of them will develop my competitor to Sega's Orbi. It is called Saved by the Ball. It's a gumball machine with a ray traced image of Dustin Diamond on the coin slot.

18 and 2/9ths of them will act as my personal ball massagers. They will soften the gumballs for ease of mouth insertion.

2 and 11/3rds of the staff will report to my new site.

UPDATE!

Update updating in 6 hours.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post#10 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

ZachMorrisFGN wrote:I have hired these 37 individuals. 22 and 4/10ths of them will develop my competitor to Sega's Orbi. It is called Saved by the Ball. It's a gumball machine with a ray traced image of Dustin Diamond on the coin slot.

18 and 2/9ths of them will act as my personal ball massagers. They will soften the gumballs for ease of mouth insertion.

2 and 11/3rds of the staff will report to my new site.

UPDATE!

Update updating in 6 hours.

i dont think u are the real zach morris