Skies Of Arcadia - US Version

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Neohound
Gold Lion

Skies Of Arcadia - US Version

Post#1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

I imported Skies from America and the first disc didn't load. I could've cried - it cost me over £50 !!

In desperation I just had the disc repaired and.............it worked ! First, second and third time, every time I tried to load it I was successful. I thought I had cured the problem but.......NO !!

You see, I can start the game and play for an hour but every time I get back home, after I've been to Shrine Island for the first time, the game freezes :( It's after Vyse has met his mom in the captain's office - they are ready to set sail to rescue Fina and the rest, but the game isn't having it :x

It seems strange at the very least - the screen just goes blank and that's it. Are there any known bugs with the US Skies ? Is it worth repairing even more ? Should I spend another £50 on another one ? Or should I just download the friggin thing ?

If it was any other game I'd probably shrug my shoulders and move on, but this is buggin me a lot and it's one of my favourite game on the DC. HELP !!!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Skies Of Arcadia - US Version

Post#2 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:45 am

told you before, the disk is prolly just damaged. never had any bugs on my end. its shitty that you'll need to spend another 50 on the same game, on the other hand, its worth it. besides, you're not gonna tell me that in your entire DC carreer you haven't made a 50 profit on one or combined items
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Yes I know you told me before ! But I thought getting it repaired might just solve the problem (well it sorta did cure the loading........but then another fuck up happened).

I guess you're right mayu. I should stop crying over spilt milk and move on........£50+ lighter in the pocket !

Btw, I don't sell much of my DC stuff. I've done the odd deal here and there but never made an awful lot out of it. But I love your inference that I have a proper Dreamcast career, never thought of it like that before !! haha :) 8-)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 am

Neohound wrote:
Btw, I don't sell much of my DC stuff. I've done the odd deal here and there but never made an awful lot out of it. But I love your inference that I have a proper Dreamcast career, never thought of it like that before !! haha :) 8-)

what I meant was that I'm sure that at some point you picked something up for 10 thats worth 50 or so, thats a way to look at profit as well. :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Mayu is such an enabler lol.
Sometimes auctions come up that are just for 1 of the 2 discs, or the discs minus the case. Those will necessarily be cheaper than a complete new or used copy. Or you could get a backup and play past this point, and then try your main disc again.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:22 pm

dark wrote:Mayu is such an enabler lol.

:lol: Yes, enabler ! Encouraging me to increase my DC addiction to stratospheric levels........I must've spent well over £200 on this game since it's release :x

I have looked for disc only deals on ebay but the only guy selling one was unwilling to post to UK. I think I'll continue waiting on those kinds of deals for now until I get bored/drunk and end up splashing out on a sealed version of the game ! lol