Shenmue II Save help.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Shenmue II Save help.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey guys!

I was originally playing an awesome copy of Shenmue II I found on Snesrama that stated it only worked with emulators "since the file size of each disc was around 1gb" in Nulldc. I think I'm kind of far in disc 3 (I'm at the part where you have to get into street fights I think ha ha) anyway I decided to start playing on my DC again like it was meant to be played on especially sinc eI have it hooked up through component via that little PC to Component box. Now my problem is I copied my Nulldc saves to my SDcard loaded that up in my DC via Dreamshell copied them over to my VMU loaded up Shenmue II disc 3 I go to continue and it says there are no available files. I'm not sure why? I tried it again in Nulldc using the same file. Here is my entire Nulldc vmu file. You can extract the VMU via VMUexplorer. Can anyone please help? Maybe the save file has to be converted though I'm sure why. I'm not sure of the copy I'm using either of Shenmue II. I think it's Shenmuedojo's 80mm CD-r version. Anyway I would just hate to start the game over as it's a pretty long game though I know what to do on disc 1 up to where I'm at though some parts where hard on the first two discs. Anyway sorry for the long question please help I'm desperate LOL!!
Attachments
vmu_data_port01.rar
(22.51 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Shenmue II Save help.

Post#2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 am

You'll need a VMI/VMS file to copy to your memory card. I'm not sure if you can get those out of null or not..

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#3 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:You'll need a VMI/VMS file to copy to your memory card. I'm not sure if you can get those out of null or not..

I know. I got those via VMUexplorer. Here they are :D Any other ideas?
Attachments
New folder.rar
(912 Bytes) Downloaded 349 times

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#4 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Damn, 30 views and only one reply? Ha ha! No one else knows or can test my save out?

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Find a memory card manager type disc and put that file on there. I can't recommend one nor do I know how to do it, but I do know of another way. It's a bit roundabout, but I could take one of the DC web browsers and make a fast CDI image you could burn to get the file off there. You won't need to have an internet connection to do it. I'll just put the file on the disc and direct the HTML code to the file.

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#6 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:Find a memory card manager type disc and put that file on there. I can't recommend one nor do I know how to do it, but I do know of another way. It's a bit roundabout, but I could take one of the DC web browsers and make a fast CDI image you could burn to get the file off there. You won't need to have an internet connection to do it. I'll just put the file on the disc and direct the HTML code to the file.
Sure man if you could do that I'd appreciate it! do you think it would work? Because I've copied the file over via Dreamshell and my SDcard but disc 3 of Shenmue II just refuses to find a save file :(

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#7 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 am

Hunk_4TH wrote:
Comrade Snarky wrote:Find a memory card manager type disc and put that file on there. I can't recommend one nor do I know how to do it, but I do know of another way. It's a bit roundabout, but I could take one of the DC web browsers and make a fast CDI image you could burn to get the file off there. You won't need to have an internet connection to do it. I'll just put the file on the disc and direct the HTML code to the file.
Sure man if you could do that I'd appreciate it! do you think it would work? Because I've copied the file over via Dreamshell and my SDcard but disc 3 of Shenmue II just refuses to find a save file :(

I'm really not sure. It doesn't sound promising if you've done that stuff. Send me an email at [email protected] so I remember to do this for you some time.

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#8 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:41 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:
Hunk_4TH wrote:

I'm really not sure. It doesn't sound promising if you've done that stuff. Send me an email at [email protected] so I remember to do this for you some time.

Yeah, I'm not sure what could be the problem. I'll keep looking into it in the meantime. I appreciate you doing that for me it might work!

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#9 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm

I hate to bump such an old thread. But I'm still trying to get this to work. I've tried using VMU Explorer to export my Shenmue 2 saves from my Nulldc VMU.bin the saves are in VMI format (I think that's a raw format for the DC VMU) I copied them to a blank VMU via Dreamshell form my SD card I load up the DC without a disc to check if the files are on the VMU and they are. But still Shenmue 2 says (no files avaliable) under the continue. I'm not sure what problem is :( I really want to play Shenmue 2 on my DC instead of Nulldc as much as I love Nulldc it sucks playing Shenmue 2 with the graphical glitches :( like so Image LOL

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#10 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Nevermind I went ahead and completed the game finally :D