new kidspad update

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: new kidspad update

Post#31 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Checks mark. Oh, I see. The SEGA logo & KIDS PAD actual logo now appears on the prototype doc instead of the most recent filed one. So what this means is that one of these documents will remain prototyped & eventually abandoned while the other one will be used & registered for commerce use.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#32 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 pm

i dont understand? so SEGA is not releasing a tablet? is this tablet not gonna be a SEGA brand?
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

MrSega

Post#33 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 am

SEGA-TUDE wrote:i dont understand? so SEGA is not releasing a tablet? is this tablet not gonna be a SEGA brand?

The mark was filed during the March 11 disaster. Since the Tsunami, Toyko trademark proccesing is taking a slower time. The spension deadline is this week so an update is comming soon.

SEGA is expected to begin test marketing in time for the holiday season.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#34 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:54 am

well if it is what i think it is as a tablet. then im sure gonna buy it. hopefully for the holiday season if thats the set release date.

MrSega

Post#35 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 am

SEGA-TUDE wrote:well if it is what i think it is as a tablet. then im sure gonna buy it. hopefully for the holiday season if thats the set release date.

The KIDS PAD will be marketed as a cheap iPad application. It will use RINGEDGE hardware, contain the same GPU as the PS Vita & shall retail for $150-$180.

All games will be downloadable while some may be sold in SD card format.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post#36 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

still gonna get it. i didnt find anything interesting about the ipad but now that its from SEGA im interested to see ther version of a ipad and what personal SEGA things it might have that make it different then the others. plus to support SEGA.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#37 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:49 pm

MrSega wrote:The mark was filed during the March 11 disaster. Since the Tsunami, Toyko trademark proccesing is taking a slower time. The spension deadline is this week so an update is comming soon.

SEGA is expected to begin test marketing in time for the holiday season.

So you actually expect Sega to launch this thing in a little under a months time? :shock:

And you honestly beleive that Sega would release such a device without intentionally 'leaking' it's existance to the gaming press, in order to building demand and anticipation for the device? :o

And you believe that Sega would release such a device without letting any of the retailers know about it? :?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've not read any leaks from the mainstream press on this Kids Pad and I've not seen any mention of it in relation to a big name retailer knowing about it. I hope Sega has a special 'magical' way of letting everyone know about it! :lol:

Ohh dear ... :roll:

MrSega

Post#38 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:58 pm

SEGA-TUDE wrote:still gonna get it. i didnt find anything interesting about the ipad but now that its from SEGA im interested to see ther version of a ipad and what personal SEGA things it might have that make it different then the others. plus to support SEGA.

I'm definetly buying a KIDS PAD on day one just to play current gen games.

SEGA actually got the patent design of the iPad from Apple while they were retooling plans for a RINGEDGE based streaming device in exchange for supporting Apple in a top secre iPhone game handheld.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post#39 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 pm

MrSega wrote:I'm definetly buying a KIDS PAD on day one just to play current gen games.

SEGA actually got the patent design of the iPad from Apple while they were retooling plans for a RINGEDGE based streaming device in exchange for supporting Apple in a top secre iPhone game handheld.

:lol: :lol: Thats too funny for words!
And I bet the people at Sega and Apple are having a good LOL at it too! :lol:

MrSega

Post#40 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm

@stu. Here's several things I've learned about development of the KIDS PAD.

1. SEGA orginally DID plan on selling a RingEdge based On-Live like device, development had begin in early 2008. But in September 2009, due to economic recession & learning that Mircosoft & at the time Sony weren't planning new systems for 4 years, Hijime Satomi ordered the device be scrapped, a newer more advance high end arcade board be build & to look into fully supporting iPad.

2. Upon partnering up with Apple, SEGA learned of a top secret iPhone being developed for gaming and that Apple wanted to offer SEGA a deal to build a iPad app for gaming purposes in exchange for supporting the handheld. In late 2009, SEGA was given a $300 million budget and begin development of the hybrid.

3. From what I read in the trademark doc, SEGA intended it to be a Japanese only endeavor & sent development kits out in Japan during the summer of 2010. At the end of 2010 with a 1 year notice after the 2009 renewal of SEGA's game hardware license, SEGA decided to license it for overseas use.

4. SEGA cannot sell home hardware under the "Sega Corporation" brand, so it would only logical to license it to a subsary until SEGA changes its name back "SEGA Enterprises" in 2012 so its licensed to SEGA TOYS. The name KIDS PAD
is because SEGA plans to test market it as a iPad app for the Wii casual crowd

& not as a game tablet. Its basically a trojan horse until SEGA reverts back to "SEGA Enterprises". It is possible that KIDS PAD could be delayed for release in North America,Europe until Vita is launched. But not very likely.

5. SEGA wants to surprise people while conceling the fact that its techinically competitive against 360,PS3,PSV. They don't expect it to be in big demand & believe that it will start off niche, if all goes well, the tablet will be renamed and SEGA Enterprises will license,market, and sell it as a mainstream mobile device.