VGA- HDMI converter

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: VGA- HDMI converter

Post#21 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Neohound wrote: You really wouldn't gain anything in quality by having a separate converter box.

Thats the issue in that some people do it just because its on HDMI that it will be better then just using VGA, Its a misconception really, but still one would have to convert the signal to digital (a converter box should do).

Neohound wrote:Obviously if your tv hasn't got a vga input then you may want to convert a vga signal into component, as Gary_b said.
Thats the only reason many use a converter box, some get fooled by the above.

Neohound wrote:I'm fairly sure an HDMI cable cannot carry an analogue signal.

Well thats what the converters are for

Neohound wrote: Though there are DVI interfaces that accept analogue and digital signals - for example, I use a VGA to DVIa lead to connect my Macbook Pro to my projector.

I do the same thing with my desktop due to it having dual DVI and S-video, i use a DVI to VGA adapter just to be able to use my monitor.

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Re: VGA- HDMI converter

Post#22 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks for all the good answers! I will try it on another monitor and see if there is any signal!:)
PSO Dreamcast: Felix (FOnewearl Lv 115)

Dreamcast Pal (bought brand new last year), BBA, VGA adapter with HDMI converter (720p), Sd card with 32 gb memory and retail PHANTASY STAR ONLINE V2
-Does it get any better for a Dreamcaster:D?